Day 31

So I woke up today. Some of Mandy's people were over to help clean up. I think Raj's place was being cleaned up too. I texted Mandy for an update and she told me they ended up just sleeping in a bit. I knew it. She was coming back home to take her stuff to Raj's place. They've started to look for their own place and found a small one-garage house with two bedrooms upstairs and a finished basement for now – they're still finalizing details about it and would be moving in after their honeymoon. Nate surprised me today. He walked in while I was brushing my teeth in the washroom – his arms wrapped around my waist and his head was buried in the crook of my shoulder.

He told me that he's going to miss me when I go back to my place. We're still in a relationship – a long-distance one I guess. I told him we can meet up every weekend.  I asked him whether he isn't tired of seeing my face everyday and he laughed and asked me if I was tired of his. He got serious and said that whether he saw my face or not, he would always have this feeling of seeing me everywhere he goes and thinking about me at random times. I turned around and he had me cornered to the sink. He was leaning in and I could smell his fragrance. I gave him a small present I had bought earlier. It was a blue tie with his name in random orders all over it. It was personalized for him. He was so happy to have it and told me that he'd never wear it – I asked him why?! He said that it's too precious.

We laughed and then helped each other do our packing. I actually brought quite a lot of stuff. I finally had everything put away by that afternoon. I was going to get a ride from Nathan who will stop at his hosue and then we're off to the airport to send Mandy and Raj off for their honeymoon where my parents will be picking me up and taking me to my own place. So it was kind of our last full day together – we spent half of it packing. We went on one final date before our summers back at our own homes.

We went out to have dinner and walked in the park in the dark. I told him about continuing my education and somehow the talk about marriage came up. I told him how I want to wait until I'm done studying to get married and make a family. I don't want to rush into things so quickly. I had one to two years left of medical school and then I finish off with another three years of residency – becoming trained. And then finally I need to find a job. I'm 24 now – when I'm done all that, I'll be 29. Is that too old? I hope I still have somebody to love. Nate and I have just begun our relationship, I've seen warning signs and I don't know if I'm distancing myself too much. He asked me then about marriage itself. Not when it happens – afterwards. Well, I have to see what happens when it does happen. I want to love the person I marry forever – not just a few years. I was kind of lost in that moment.

 He was just looking at me and asked me if I have ever felt that love with someone else. I mean of course I have, lots – with my own siblings, parents, friends, but he stopped me and asked if I found that love in a person I could take on as what makes me whole. Meaning the person I can marry. I told him that there is someone but I want to see and learn more. He asked about this someone. I still couldn't believe he was asking – obviously I meant him,  I told him that it was a man, a very handsome one that stole my heart as soon as I met him but I couldn't find for years and now that man was staring at me. He just smiled and I moved closer to him until I was an inch away from his face. I put my lips on his and pushed gently and pulled back.

 He looked surprised, confused and happy all  at once. He was speechless and stuttered a bit. I had a good laugh out of that. It was time for us to head back to the house. We drove back in a bit of a peaceful silence. We talked a lot, but nothing about the kiss. And I made the first move too! That was very unlike me. I couldn' t believe it myself. But we got home and went to our own beds after saying good night.