Day 32

Today, after waking up we went to pick up Mandy and Raj. They're heading on their honeymoon today. We are dropping them off at the airport at 6:00 today. They are leaving from the airport between my house and Nate's house. So we packed all our stuff in the trunk and back. Mandy and Raj's parents are coming too – they're bringing the van which is holding all of Mandy and Raj's stuff.  Mandy was glowing – it must be the newly married glow or the pregnancy. I asked her how she's feeling and she said that the side effects began to kick in. She feels a bit faint and nauseous sometimes. Yesterday, they had fish and she couldn't handle the smell and vomited. Of course, Raj's parents didn't find out. In the car, we just did our silly crew things. We sang horribly at the top of our lungs and  laughed very loudly.

Mandy's parents were driving beside us at one point, it was so funny. So yeah, that's how things are rolling. We got to Nate's house by lunch and after lunch, we had to head to the airport. Sameetra showed me pictures of Nate when he was little – so cute and so funny! Nate took me to his room. It was pretty neat for a guy's room. He still lives with his parents when he's off of work. He works in a business that's in partnership with the company Raj works in so they're both in Montreal. He does business marketing.  He has a pretty good sum coming each year. He says he wants to get his own place soon. He's 27 and living with his parents so makes sense why he wants to move out. So I was sitting on his bed and he looked at me weird and I asked him what. He points at me and the bed. He walked toward me and sat beside me and didn't let me get up. He said that we didn't finish what we started yesterday night. Was he talking about the kiss? I asked him what – he points at his lips. I smiled at him. My face was at his neck and he was bending down when the door popped open and Sammy interrupted us along with Mandy and Raj. Talk about interruptions!

And then she says, "Oh! So you guys are doing this too now?" We both laughed it off. Soon I gave Nate's family hugs and his mother gave me an envelope that held something that I was not allowed to open until I reached home. Nate wanted to know what it was too! I had no idea what it was but I planned on keeping my promise. We left the same way we had come. We finally reached the airport. I wore a comfy t-shirt with my baggy pants. Not very stylish but I was looking at comfort – I'm basically in a car for the whole day. Mandy and Raj got down at the airport with their stuff. We went to park the car and came back. We got to the parking lot and it was only Nate and I in the car. He parks the car and tells me to wait and not got out. He reaches into a bag and pulls out a small box. I got a bit sacared – was it a ring? Is he proposing – already? He opens it and there inside was the heart bracelet that I had lost years ago. My mom gave it to me and was furious when I lost it. There it was in front of me and I was kind of shocked after seeing it after so long – he said it was the only memory of me I had with him since our first time meeting. It was really so sweet. He wasn't able to give it to me before because it was at his house. And right there, we shared our first ever official real kiss.

He put his lips on mine and pushed very gently and it was nice, gentle, pure – I don't know what else to say. It was just perfect. We didn't want to take long because everyone was waiting. We broke off and I was a bit out of breath. My face was a bit pink and Natesmiled down at me.

So my parents were to meet me here in another hour or so. It was about 5. Mandy and Raj had just gone into the part of the airport we couldn't see them in. Nate waited with me. I told him to leave but he said that this is one of those last moments he gets to have with me before meeting again. We scheduled to meet in exactly a week and a half from now – we both have other plans this summer. We talked about our families – I met a lot of Nate's famly back at Sam's birthday party. He hasn't met mine except my parents and siblings. I told him about the naughty little cousins. The very protective uncles and aunts who probably know about us by now – because of my mom. We had a small overpriced expensive food selection and shared a sandwich and a French vanilla. So an hour later, my dad and mom are looking for us and Natewaves them over while I get my stuff ready. They were happy to see him. They know some stuff about him – that he's successful – making money and his family is very nice.

My mom had started talking about marriage an year back and I hope she doesn't get any ideas soon. So I said bye and have him a quick hug before leaving with my parents. My parents ended up not being able to come to the wedding – our car was in for repair and didn't work till the last minute. My siblings were busy with their own things too. My sister is going to first year uni this year and my bro is in third year now.  So I didn't have my family there. What with my dad still a bit sick. So on the way back, I told them all about my stay at Mandy's, about my studies and about the wedding. They enjoyed listening to it and told me about what was happening back home. So my oldest cousin who is now married for 8 years, will be visiting for this Christmas with her husband and two kids! The oldest one is 6 and their second one is 2. I can not wait to meet them.

Also my oldest cousin on my dad's side who is married for almost an year now will have his kid in another 2 weeks to a month. It's so exciting. I'm an aunty now!  I was pooped when I got home. My siblings were there to surprise me along with a few of my cousins. We had dinner of kotturoti and I had a long hot shower and then I called Nate to check up on him and told him I got home in time. He sent me a kiss throught the phone and then I went to bed after one more thing. So I was going through my carrybag and I found the envelope from Nate's mom. Inside were pictures of Nate– when he was a baby, graduating uni, his first day of work, and the a picture of him with his family.

She also wrote me a letter to desribe each thing and what was happening at his life around then. When he was born, his parents were overjoyed but a few months later they were stressed and worried – he had a condition that there is only a small chance that a babu can get it. At that point, it was a question of life or death for him but he survived. His parents were thankful for it all.

When he graduated university, he was going out with this girl who he thought he'd marry. That night after graduation at a party with his friends, he was brokenhearted to see the girl being proposed by another guy who he had never seen before. He didn't want to hurt either of them. I knew about this already. It was the thing between Nicole, him and my old friend Ryan. It was really tough for him after. His first day of work was about an year and a half later. She told me how Nate went into a bit of a love-depression thing. He would stare at pictures of her and have random angry moments.  He finally got over her and vowed to never get into a relationship again. His mom was worried here. She thought she'd would never see her son happy again. He got really involved in work and this summer was the longest he's been away.

This summer was also the summer she saw her son happy again – happy for real. He's a very relaxed kind of person but very serious when he needs to be. When his mom found out about me and him, she was glad her son was able to find someone. She said that of all the girls he brought home, even in a short period, she connected with me more. She included an email address saying we should keep in touch no matter what happens. It really did bring tears to my eyes. She also said there were many more pictures she wished she included but there's too much. I was glad she gave me these. I kept the picture of Nate and me together under my pillow that night.