Day 30

Okay, where to begin? Where to begin? So today is the day. Amanda will soon be a married woman! This is so exciting. Okay, okay. Alright. I'll begin. So we were woken up at 4. The aunties and uncles were preparing things. Mandy was being dressed in her sari and getting her hair and makeup done. She looked as always, amazing! I love how her hair was done – it's an updo and for afterward, she can leave it down. My hair and makeup was then done along with the other bridesmiads who will be changing into their evening clothes before lunch. My hair was curled and it was all bouncy and full. Every time, I try to curl my own hair, some part usually messes up and I somehow hide it. Today, I felt really pretty – I don't put a lot of effort into dressing my best. I almost felt like the bride but really, nobody could outshine Mandy.

We were dressed in our saris. The little flower girls were too cute – you should've seen June! For a little kid waking up this early in the morning – she had a lot of energy! She was singing and twirling around in her dress. So by 8, we had finished photoshoots and finally got to the temple. I was standing besude Mandy to bring her in after her parents walk in together with the flower girls at the very front throwing flower petals everywhere.  You won't believe it. Everything was gorgeous. The mandapam was all decorated in yellow and red with garlands of flowers hanging down.

Nathan got up to let Mandy sit down and we stood with each other. Raj smiled at Mandy and held her hand.  There was a lot of noise and over all that was the chanting by the ayar, the smoke from the fire, the smells of the perfumes and not having enough sleep – I felt a bit light headed with all the noise.

Nate kind of leaned back and held me so I wouldn't fall... My eyes were pretty droopy and this is what Granny prepared us all for.  I don't know why my head pounds randomly nowadays or why I keep getting dizzy. Finally the time came for the thali tying. The noise level went up. The music playing louder. The ayar still chanting, everyone cheering and throwing the flower petals that I helped pass around. Amy helped Raj tie the last knot of the thali – the sister always does.

After that, the couple walked back outside together with Nate and I trailing behind. We had our bridal party outside by now. We were now to go back to get dressed for the reception. The bridesmiads and flower girls were with us and the guys went back with Nate and Raj. I didn't leave without a quick peck on the cheek from Nate. He told me how beautiful I looked and I complimented him too – I must've sounded so dumb with my cheesy lines. As soon as we entered the house – there was chaos getting the dresses on.

Mandy got into hers and her makeup and hair was getting fixed. The other girls and I all got our second outfits of the day on. Mandy looked gorgeous – it was really like this dress was made for her. It was breathtaking. From there, we headed to the park for our second photoshoot. The guys were waiting for us. You know, I just find something so good about men in suits – Nate looked so damn fine. After an hour of photos, we finally headed over to the hall. It was so pretty – everything was decorated in white and pink. I felt at peace standing next to Nathan. Everything was perfect – my life was great! It was lunch time and the hall had filled up with Mandy and Raj's family. We walked in arm in arm with cheering, clapping, bubbles, sparklers, and poppers. We went straight to the cake and both parents of both the bride and groom fed them cake after they fed it to each other. I was so happy for them. Soon the lunch buffet was opened. The wedding party had first dibs – oh yeah!

The food was really good. I enjoyed all of it and I ate so much! Soon, it was time for speeches and eprformances. Our ballroom dancing performance was done first to open it up. Then there was father daughter and mother son dancing. Then the couple themselves. Nate and I joined them out there along with other couples – Joe and Kelly, Michael and Jamie, Jake and Ayesha and soon the parents, uncles and aunts. Everything was really fun. I was to give my speech along with Nate.

The parents got a bit teary and I saw Mandy cry. I ended up shedding a few tears myself. Soon everyone was stuffed with food, pictures had been taken and people began to leave at around four. We were all the last to leave and it was 5:30 when all the wedding guests had left but us. So Mandy's over night bag was packed and I went back with her and her paretns while Nate, Raj and his family went baack to Raj's place which was set up for their first night. We got to Mandy's house and she was dressed in a really pretty sheer sari with her hair tumbling down her back. She looked gorgeous.

We were all to visit the temple at 6:30 to get blessings and then I head back to the groom's house to help out with the final rituals. So I was also dressed in a sari – I wore a teal coloured number with pearly jewels on it and I wore simple white pearl studs with my hair stuffed into a braid and two curls aligning my face. I liked this look. We went to the temple, we all received blessgins and our newly married couple received their blessings. From there, we took off to Raj's house. We had a small dinner and you could see the two newlyweds staring at each other with shy smiles. Gosh, they've done this before, it's not their first time! They're expected to consummate tonight but knowing the two of them, I have a feeling they're going to doze off.

They're headed to their honeymoon trip in two days. I'll be seeing them off at the airport.  So at about 8, Mandy'sparents left. Nate was coming back to Mandy's house for tonight. The newlywed couple were to be alone in the house. Raj's family was staying over at Amy's place. Nate and I were the last ones to leave.

We're both leaving in two days after dropping Mandy and Raj off at the air port. They're heading to Hawaii for their time of fun. Nate and I were in the car talking about today and then out of no where he says, "you know what, I think you look amazing in saris." I had to laugh. It was so random. I told him he looks good in anything. We got home and were pooped! Tomorrow is packing day.

I'm just thinking to myself. It's been 30 days. What is the future going to hold for us? Will we lose contact after this. Mandy and Raj's wedding brought us together but now that their wedding is over, what's the story between Nate and I?