A month later

A month later, Nate comes home and says he needs to do a workshop for work back in Ontario. This workshop was the introduction to a course he had to take there too. It's only been a month and a half since the wedding and we're living a part for about three and a half months after that. I don't know if I want Nate to be doing it. I don't want him to miss the opportunity. We arranged for him to stay with his parents for the next three and a half months. He'll be done his course by November and will be back for December but really there's no point because we'll be heading back for Christmas. We ended up making plans for me to come to Ontario a week before Christmas. We're going to spend about four and a half months away from each other.

I had been feeling a bit sick lately. I think I've come down with a virus but I don't want to get Nate all worried. We haven't been doing our thing for a while. There's time for that. I've just been worried about my health. So tired. I hope that disease I had two years ago, isn't coming back. It's one of my worst fears. If I even mention the word sick, Nate doesn't leave my side. He has to do this – not only for himsself, for both of us. After I read about the program details, I knew he had to do it. Mandy and Raj are nearby anyway if I need help with anything. So finally, the day came for Nate to leave. He's actually not taking the car. He'll get to Ontario by one of those one route busses. He took only a few things. His stuff is still at his parents' place. So I have the car to myself.

The day Nate left, I couldn't help shedding a few tears. Nate came up behind me that day while I was washing my face. I told him that I'm going to miss him but it was for the best. I gave him a long warm hug before asking if he double checked everything for the third time that morning. His bus leaves at 11:30. Mandy and Raj came by with the kids to say bye. That was the day that the symptoms were a lot worse. I was so hungry that day that I ordered twice and ate double the meal. Mandy and Raj just watched me eat so much and when I had gotten a second meal, Mandy wondered if I was okay. Afterwards, I wish I hadn't eaten so much. When the two of us went to the bathroom, I ended up vomiting everything out. Not a good sign but Mandy was all excited. She asked me a billion questions about all the symptoms I've been facing.

I've bene vomiting, feeling faint, eating way more, my period hasn't come in the last month and a half – that's when it hit me. I smiled weakly at Mandy and she knew that I knew too. We went and checked at the doctors too.  It was confirmed, I'm going to be a mother. Nate just had to leave now. I had no idea what to do. I told Mandy and Raj that this news couldn't reach anyone's ears. I wanted Nate to be the first one to know now. We'll just have to wait. I can't call him and tell him – he would make his way back all the way. I knew he would. We had a conversation about this one time. I asked "What would you do if I got pregnant and you were busy with something else?" "I would drop everything and run straight to you and tend to you and our baby's every need." Great! This was the reason I couldn't tell him. It's true he would do that. Everytime I got into a situation, somewhat troubling, he always ran to me.