Leaving for Montreal

I'm leaving the house in a few days. My bags are packed. We're doing a drive to Montreal. I'll be staying at Mandy's the first few days and then moving into the hostel. So I went back to the doctor's after getting a few calls from the office. He questioned me about how long I've been feeling all these side effects – headaches, dizziness, and just a heavy feeling. He told me it's going to be hard to believe for me. He asked me about my medical history and about the side effects. It turns out that I was in the first stage of a disease that very few people get. It's from applying too much stress or tension to yourself. I asked the walk-in clinic doctor for a copy of this and had to tell my own family doctor about this. I asked him not to tell my family or anything. That night I emailed my family doctor about it and told him I won't be here to visit his office. He knows everything about the stress and tension and all. I asked my doctor to keep it confidential. Then I did my own research on the disease. It was hard but I saw it – the side effects, the medications, what can happen next. The side effects included dizziness, headaches, fever, and weight loss. The medications depended on each side effect and for the disease overall. This was a disease – more has to be done to find out what exactly it's affecting. From what I found out, if I get to the last stage, I can potentially die.  I had no idea what to say or do. That night I prayed like never before. For everyone in my life. For people I don't know. For God to help me stay alive. If it's his will that I go to him then let it be. I cried that night and when I got a call from Nathan, I couldn't answer.

My doctor responded saying it's a very serious condition and I need medication soon. He promised to keep it from my parents. He mentioned a doctor in Montreal that will take care of the rest. It's someone he knows and will share my story with. This is going to be hard for me. I can't believe it. Just a month ago, I felt like things were going great but it looks like it'll tumble apart. My family is dropping me off at Mandy's new place and then visiting the St. Joseph's oratory before heading back – it's a long drive but it's just my parents. I was so happy to see Mandy again. She's at two months and one week now. There's no big bump or anything but she was happy.

 I always want to see her happy like this. Raj invited Nate over and we were seeing each other after a while now. He was back at the old lady's house which wasn't too far from here. The school is about a 15 minute drive from here. We had lunch with my parents before they left. I was so happy to see Nate. He had a bit of a 5 o' clock shadow. I hugged him so tight. I was happy to see him. He asked me if I was okay? I asked if anything was wrong? He said he wants to make sure I am. I laughed and inside, I was sad. I'm not okay.

Something is wrong with me. Nate left and after dinner I went to the room given to me. Mandy's place is pretty nice. She's done a pretty good job. I was looking at another email sent to me by my doctor with details about the other doctor and he arranged a meeting for me in a few days. Mandy walked in on me while I was reding it and before I could sign out she had already seen it.  I ahd to make up a lie – fast. She knew my dad was a bit sick. I told her, that my doctor wanted me to visit this doctor to ask about my dad's condition. She said she would take me.  I was relieved when she left and didn't suspect anything. I can't believe it. She didn't see past my lie! I sent the other doctor my medical report. Mandy and r are so excited about the baby – they've been buying books for parenting and all. It's so funny. I had a look at some of them. Stuff about what to do at different ages for the kids. School was going to start soon. I had to get my stuff organized in the hostel.