New Year's and Newly-Weds

There was a New Year's party for all of the youngsters. A bunch of Nate's cousins, their girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives were meeting up at one of Nate's cousins' houses on New Year's Eve.  I wore a very sparkly shiny dress – it was all shiny on the outside. I wore this with silver strapped heels, shiny makeup and very little jewelry – just a pair of long earrings and a black crystally necklace. I paired this with black stockings and my black coat. My hair was placed in a side bun. It was simple and elegant.

At first, we were just chatting and going around talking to everyone. I got a bit tired and was a bit sleepy. Ten minutes before 12, everyone was told that there's 10 minutes left! Nate was with me and asking if everything was okay and if I needed anything. I told him to not worry and everything is fine. At 5 minutes, we were all standing around and then when the countdown began, we were in a messy circle.  As soon as Nate's cousin said one, I wished Nate a Happy New Year and he gave me a crushing kiss.

The lights that were dimmed were turned back on and there were streamers and poppers everywhere. Nate continued kissing me. I could feel the burn inside of me and forgetting myself, I kissed him back with my hand running through his hair and his stubble prickling my skin. Finally, we came apart. I fixed up my hair which was out by now. Nate had his hand on my waist and we all celebrated with champagne or what I thought was champagne.

Sammy had given me an extra few shots. I think I grabbed Nate by the ass and he was a bit surprised as I dragged him out to the veranda which was empty. I pressed my body on him. I looked at his eyes and saw the handsome, gentle and smart person that loved me back as much as I loved him. He had a confused look on his face and I wanted to kiss him but I tripped in my drunk state and Nate caught me before I could fall. We shared a moment before Sammy came out with her own boyfriend.   

 It was time to get home. The next day was the bachelor and bachelorette parties. The guys, according to what I've heard from Nate are heading out for dinner and drinks. The girls are getting a nice relaxing spa night. Afterwards we went on to shopping and a fancy dinner with just us girls. It was nice actually.

That night, Kelly and I went to the bathroom. I heard her vomit, the pregnancy symptoms were definitely kicking in. By the time of her reception, she'll be at three months!  I asked her if she thinks she gained any weight and she said everything was normal so far but she definitely began eating a lot more. I was really happy for her. Tomorrow is the wedding.

 We had gone to help out with last minute decorations at Jake's house and his new house which they'll be spending their first night together. I need to get sleep myself. I just love weddings. The next day, I had to head to Ayesha's with Sammy at five in the morning. I got into my newly fitted sari. Loved it! The way I wore it was quite different. The design fell across my body. My hair was curled and put all to one side and it sat on my shoulder with a bright shiny clip holding it there. Mandy and Raj are coming to the wedding too.

 They travelled here yesterday and were at a hotel. They told us they needed rest – Juan wasn't doing too well from the ride. They're leaving the same day we are.

Back to wedding prep, Ayesha was gorgeous in a white sari and veil. The shy and quiet girl I met at first was not there anymore. I saw a beautiful sophisticated woman. We took pictures together. Mandy came to help out with bridemaids' hair and makeup. Juan was with Raj. Mandy was dressed in a gorgeous magenta saree herself. She had her hair straightened and makeup all done. She looked great as usual. I was given the sparkly celebrity look – I prefer the natural yummy look when I do wear makeup but this sparkly look wasn't too bad.

 Kelly's hair was a bit shorter than the rest of our – it was about her shoulders. It was swept to one side to look kind of like ours and with smaller curls. She had that mommy glow. Ayesha's cousin had huge hair – it was thick and frizzy. It took a while to thin it out, curl it out and sweep it to one side. Bobby pin festival! There were five bridesmaids and two flower girls. The maid of honour, being the cousin, was very excited and was taking pictures of almost everything for her instagram feed.

After all the hustle and bustle, we finally arrived at the church a few hours later. The flower girls were to walk in with a bridesmaid each and then two bridesmaids walk in and then the maid of honour walks in behind the lovely bride holding her long veil. Sammy and I got paired up. Kelly was with one of Jake's nieces and the last girl who was another one of Ayesha's cousins held her cousins's hand. It was very cute.  Sammy and I were dropping flower petals on the ground on our way in. We finally reached our pew and I turned and gave Nate a wink before turning to watch the bride process in. I could tell Jake was nervous – he had been wringing his hands and a few beads of sweat were on his forehead. I gave him a smile before the bride walked in. It was a very sweet moment when he saw her. His face lit up! Soon they exchanged vows and traded rings, making them married. Finally, the priest says "you may kiss the bride" . Everyone clapped as the newlyweds shared a sweet kiss and the music began. The punjabi style rolled in and relatives began to dance bhangra behind the bride and groom as they processed out of the church.  

The bridal party went on to our photshoot at a park which was gorgeous but a bit cold. There was a small house for attractions and we were in there most of the time.  Nate hadn't let go of me since we got in together into the limo. He looked quite the handsome man in his tux and lime green shirt. Kelly and Joe were perfect together! During the couples dance, I was with Nate while they were dancing and you could see how much they adored each other by their smiles. Nate gave me a surprise kiss on the cheek but luckily the lights were focused on our married couple.

Juan was adorable. He wore a tiny dress shirt with pants matching his dadda in blue. Finally, the traditional Punjabi garb came out for our dear Ayesha and she looked fantastic. She's a bit short but a hottie for sure. She was blushing a lot even through the makeup and everything went well. We gave speeches. Nate and I explained how we had met Jake and Ayesha. Jake is of course Nate's cousin and an old classmate of mine.

We partied late into the evening and then we headed over to Jake and Ayesha's place to settle them in along with their family. Jake and Ayesha were taken to their room which was decorated in very pretty flowers and soon everyone left. Sammy had gotten a bit drunk I think because she was knocked out before me!

 I had changed out of my own saree and got a hot shower before heading down for a light snack. Nate asked me why I looked so beautiful. I told him I had no idea what he's talking about. He was looking at a few pictures we had taken and he uploaded onto his laptop. He said "You have a  beautiful smile." Me – "It's only beautiful because it's a smile that you put on my face." He pretends to pick up a smile from his lips and places it on mine. Nate– "Still beautiful." I couldn't help laughing.

We had our heads together when Nate's mom came. She wasn't asleep yet and asked me if would like to look at a few other pictures. She showed me a photo album from when Nate was growing up. Too cute! And there was Sammy beside him, she was adorable, she still is. That was another wedding. I feel like I'm counting the days before my own. Maybe it'll be with Nate. I have so much time though! After this year, I need my three years training and I'll be all done! It seems like so far away.

Nate and I spend out time together on long holidays like these. Apart from that, even though we live together – it's work, school and sometimes on a weekend here or there we'll have a date. January began beautifully with a family wedding and it was so hard to leave everyone behind.