Wedding Work Begins

All the wedding work began as of that day. I told Nate that I need to get back at him and he said "You already did, I actually thought you were going to reject my proposal, I got scared!" We laughed so hard. We finished with a kiss before out siblings walked in. "Ooo, what are the newly engaged upto?" We had been called back inside to discuss some wedding details. That day, we all went straight to the church and had a wedding booked for exactly an year from now. Nate's family didn't mind that it should be closer to our home.

The wedding is in exactly one year. I'll be in my first year of residency – residency is normally two to three years. When I planned to marry, I thought I would do it after that but that but it doesn't matter because the studying part is done since I'm done medical school. Mandy and I got different hospitals – hers is closer to her house and mine is about 10 minutes from the highway beside Nate's workplace. We're having the wedding here – most of the planning will be done by the parents. I can't believe I'm going to be tying the knot. There have been so many weddings lately and now I'm going to be having my own wedding soon.

Nate and I had a list of our bridal party by the end of the next week. My bridesmaids are Sammy, and my sister. Mandy would've been one if she hadn't married. But she will be mommy of one of my flower girls – they've decided to name the new one Joy. Mandy will be givin gbirth to her in the beginning of November. For our wedding, baby Joy will be seven months. My sister is my made of honour. Our other two flower girls are June (Raj's niece) and my cousin's oldest daughter who is now eight. The groom's men would've been Jake and Raj but they're both married and one will have kids soon. It'll be Sammy's boyfriend who is actually a family friend and the other groom's man will be Nate's cousin. Our page boys are Juan and a nephew of Nate's. We decided to stick to being traditional –Nate loves it when I'm in a sari.