Day 25

I woke up curled into my pillow. I was on my side wearing the saree from last night. My midsection was wide open with just one part of the cloth pulled up in the middle of no where. I remembered the night before... Nathan had brought me upstairs.  Could I be anymore embarrassed? He saw me, like this? I felt embarrassed when I saw him today. 

I changed into a large t-shirt and shorts. I heard him talking to someone over the phone when I was about to knock on his door. "Hey man! It was aaaawesome. She just laid it out there in the open. All hot and so smooth with a cute little drop in the middle." I couldn't believe he was talking about seeing me like that last night, I didn't think he was that kind of guy. He kept going on, "Imagine valleys and curves of that chocolate". Did he say chocolate? Okay, seeing me like that in a promiscuous way was bad enough but telling someone about it, seriously? Oh boy, I was so mad. I burst into his room. "Just because I was sleeping like that and you saw me, doesn't mean you need to go around telling everyone ." Ayesha and Jake were on the line with him. Mandy and Raj came in. I was yelling "Why are you doing this?" Nathan tried to interrupt me but I wouldn't stop and once I finally did, he explained to me.

Mandy sat me down and told me to relax. Nathan began by saying he was talking about Aunt Jenna's chocolate chip cookies that Mandy was now holding in her hands. Okay, I just made it even more embarrassing for myself. Now five other people knew about the weird little situation. I had a sheepish grin on my face as I made everyone promise that this would stay a secret. Everyone laughed at me and I couldn't help joining in before heading down fore breakfast.

Mandy's cousins were down there and told use about how they got to meet their cousin, Michael, who they hadn't seen in years. He lived with his girlfriend, Jamie. They'd been dating for a while and just began to live together about a few weeks ago. Michael wanted to pop the question in front of the family which included his parents, god parents and his family that he hadn't seen in a while. Jamie was coming home from buying groceries to make lunch. The plan was told to everyone. When she said her answer everyone would throw confetti. He got into a suit while she went to pick up the food. She came back talking about how long the line was when she stopped in her tracks to ask him why he was in a suit. He told her to come and meet his family. Before she could say hi, he bent down on one knee and proposed. After her yes, there were sparkles and poppers everywhere. This summer is just so full of love.  There are so many proposals and weddings happening! Summer love is attacking everyone.

 There are only five days left to the wedding here. Raj and Mandy will have their bachelor/ette parties on Saturday when Raj goes back to his place to prepare for the big day. Nate will be going with him too. Three days after the party is the wedding which is just enough time for anyone to survive a hangover. I planned to go to a bar with the girls. We had the whole place rented out a few weeks ago. Our besties are coming out and they'll be staying in Montreal a few days.

Today was  our last dance practice before the wedding. Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal. I saw Kelly again and she looked excited and nervous.  She came to me after dance and I told the others to wait for me. I asked her what was up. She said someone asked her out and she's super nervous. I asked who the lucky guy was.

 It was her dance partner, Joe! I couldn't believe it. He is really quiet and serious but Kelly was loud and fun. It made me want to laugh but Kelly looked so nervous. He had said that he's wanted to ask her for a few weeks but she always made him tongue-tied which is why he never spoke in front of her. Kelly was iffy about getting together with him. It was six months since her last breakup which was really painful. She and her ex had dated for a long time before he decided to study overseas and their relationship cracked because they stopped talking. She decided it's time to move on but wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do to move on. I told her that an opportunity not taken is an opportunity that's missed. She thanked me for the advice and agreed to go on a date with him.

 He was so happy that when he hugged her he kind of lifted her up. When they walked around, I saw his arm not really around her but almost around her. She didn't notice until she was called back and she stumbled into his arm as she turned around and blushed severely. His ears turned red. We left to go home and it was one of those lazy days. It was soon dinner time. We had leftovers of bread and sambol.

Only 5 more days. The wedding is in 5 days. Let the countdown begin! After our dance class, we all went to Amy's house to see how John was doing. The older kids were crowded around John. June was a bit green as she was stumbling around and soon she came back to sit beside me.  I wore a white tshirt on the wrong day. This was my white shirt that said I(heart) NY. June clutched her stomach and threw up on me. Now it says I(heart)barf. Mandy and Raj took care of her. Nathan pulled off his own shirt and let me wear it while he wore a hoodie over his own bare body. We decided that would be a good time to leave. I needed to shower and sleep! The next few days are going to be crazier than this whole summer has been!