Day 14

In an effort to keep my faith, I try to attend church at least one Sunday a month. Nathan insisted on coming with me and I warned him that he might find it boring.  He sat through it without a peep. When it was over he told me that he liked it. I was surprised he survived that because I barely could! 

Neither of us had breakfast so he took me out to a place where he and his buddies used to hang out on Sundays. It was funny because his friends continued the tradition but met only once a few months. They were there today and Nate was shocked to see them all there. A few of his female friends were also there. I wasn't jealous or anything. Some of them were girls that Nathan had dated. Did I feel a little awkward? Yes.

We all sat together and ordered food. His buddies surrounded us and the girls were talking to him. It was awkward for me being the new one there. I knew he was uncomfortable so I held his hand under the table. He gave me a small smile. The girls were very interested in his love life. He only murmured and stared at me for a second before switching the conversation to something the guys were talking about. The girls finally noticed I was there and wanted to know if I was a cousin or something. He said a close friend and after a kick from me, he told them that I'm his girlfriend.

Then they were all "You're cheating on NICOLE?" Wait, who's that? Nathan "No, I already broke up with her." "Sure but she thought that you would totally get back together." I had the thought that he was using me to make this other girl jealous. I felt used. I got up and walked to the door to get into the car. Nathan had the keys. He was already walked out and was walking toward me after telling his boys that he'll catch up with them later. We got into the car and I asked him to explain himself. 

Nicole was a girl he had been going steady with for a few years until he found her kissing another dude at some party so he broke up with her. He didn't talk to her about why she was doing it but tried to cut all ties to her. He doesn't even know where she is anymore. I was mad so I replied, "So I'm the replacement. I'm supposed to make you feel good about yourself. Is this all a joke to you? I gave you my trust! I can't believe I didn't realize this before."

 He tried to explain but I told him "I don't care for what you have to say right now just take me back home." He knew I was angry and decided to stay quiet. We drove back in silence. Once we arrived, we headed our own ways to our rooms and I cried myself silly. When Mandy came in, I pretended to sleep. Two hours later. I got hungry and Mandy's family had gone out so again it was just the four of us and Granny in the basement.   I finally came out and tiptoed quietly downstairs grabbed a muffin and ran back. No one found me. I heard Nathan talking but it was to his sister over Skype.

I was on my computer when I was getting a call from his sister. She had just talked to her brother and wanted to talk to me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to her but I answered the call. She explained more about Nicole. Nate's sister was there when Nicole cheated on him. Nicole didn't want to look bad in front of all their friends so dated Nate but was actually in a relationship with another guy all along. Sammy told me what she knew about her and then told me that Nate feels bad for not telling me before but he would really like to talk to me now. I finished talking to Sammy, shut down my laptop and knocked at Nate's door. He wouldn't answer but I knew he was in there. I didn't care if he answered or not because I barged in. Before I could look around, he jumped from behind the door and picked me up.

 I gave a small yell and he dropped me on his bed. We said our apologies and I ended up in a big bear hug. I decided not to bring up anymore of the situation because it was sticky and silly to bring it up again. He's over her now and head over heels about me! It shouldn't even matter.

We were both starving by the afternoon. Thank gosh there was cold pasta in the fridge or else I would have died of hunger. The family came back and we all decided to go sightseeing nearby.  We went on a picnic in a park near the house. There were lots of sandwiches  to be shared and the kids wanted to play hide and seek. About a dozen people from our group were playing hide and seek.  Two people had to be the finders so Nathan and I held hands being the first two finders. Every time we find someone, they join the chain of finders so by the end we have a giant chain of people. We had so much fun today with our group activities but everyone was wiped out by the end of it. I was worried that I had lost my phone and I hadn't realized until we had reached home. Luckily, my lovely boyfriend decided to keep it with him knowing I'd lose it at the park!

 He told me to get it from his desk when I went and asked him for it. I was looking through his stuff when I was grabbed from behind but this time I knew it was Nathan and didn't yell – he tried to scare me again. He turned me around to kiss me on the forehead before playing a song in the background. We began to move in a slow back and forth motion taking in the presence of one another. The song was so slow and so sweet. He told me that this was an old song his mother used to sing to him as a lullaby. My arms were wrapped around his neck and his hands were on my hips as we continued to slow dance. Without a knock, a busy looking Raj came in to see us like that and quickly excused himself back out. I knew the guys had some planning to do for wedding events coming up so I hugged Nate before letting him go off.