Back to the Daily Grind

I went to visit my friend in the hospital. He told me that he's proud to know me and said his son was visiting in another week. I would be starting school then.  He said his condiiton wasn't that much better and through the things I've studied about, he really isn't that great. I told him that I'm praying for him. Once school began again, it was the daily routine. Mandy was back with me. She would drop Juan off at her mom's or her mom would stay a few days. I went back to school and a few people kind of recognized me from the news broadast. It was tough but I lived through it. I don't get as many nightmares but when I do, I cuddle up next to Nate. After my operation, I'm much more comfortable saying I love you to Nate because I know that I do. September went by super quick and then October came. This Halloween was Juan's first. He was so cute. We had another neighbourhood party thing. The kids loved playing with Juan who was loving all the attention. I didn't go all out this year. Mandy and I were dressed up as ballerinas with tiny tutus we found at some party place and the guys were our princes. Mandy was complaining how she couldn't lose the weight from the pregnancy but maybe it was because she doesn't watch what she puts in her mouth while she's trying to keep Juan from putting his mouth on everything. He's nine months and eats small solid food.

Francis and his parents have moved not too far from Montreal. They invited us for a picnic at their place in mid-October. It was autumn and the leaves were different colours. Chubby Juan was crawling around me. That day I wore just a sweater dress which was completely white and a red coat on top with my fave pair of brownish booties and my hair tied up in a pretty ponytail. I wore my charm bracelet almost everywhere now. It was a very plain string of silver with three charms hanging off of it. I also wore a very thin wired necklace which looked like it wasn't even there with a small pearl hanging off and pearl studs on my ears. It was very comfy and made for a good outfit. I didn't like big heavy jewelery unless the occasion called for it.

Francis' family was in the wine business and we couldn't say no any more everytime they offered us a bottle. Their house was pretty big – it was nice and calm around there and we saw one of their vineyards which was about 15 minutes away.  Their relatives were there too. We saw the winemaking process – realy cool. It was a happy day.

Juan wouldn't sit still either. I held him in my lap and he squirmed around. I put him down and he was holding my knees and standing. Nate was walking around with a video camera and when he walked toward us, Juan lets go of my knees and stands there for a good 5 seconds before collapsing back down – that was the first time he ever did that. We called Mandy and Raj over to watch the video and you could tell they were very proud parents. There was a round of excitement.

Francis' parents loved Juan – it was a long time since there were babies in their house. They're a European family. Their house was very clean and proper. If I wasn't constantly picking up after the gang – the house would be a mess but Nate has learned how to do his own work. He just forgets sometimes. I can't believe it. It's November alrady. My work was cut out for me. My last year of school before training. My mom tries to get the marriage talk started every time we talk these days.

Nate and I had one of our first really big fights in a while that month. I wanted to go out during our free time but Nate wouldn't let me – I was on strict dietary and rest plans still but there was nothing wrong in going out. The doctors were still watching my blood in case the disease was not completely cured and so I had a blood test every month for six months after the operation. So far things have been okay but I'm on these strict plans that take away fun. My holiday break is coming up and I don't want to be stuck at home. That day, I was done my work and was really bored but Nate insisted that I rest. I asked him if he would ever do it in my position and he said of course because it's my boyfriend telling me I need rest. I told him I couldn't do it. He made sure I was lying down before he left. I got up and went to go check on Juan. It was about 6. Mandy and Raj needed to go somewhere and asked me then if I could take care of him and naturally I said yes. I was told he had already been fed and if he wakes up, he just needs his milk.