Wedding

The day has come. To become whole with another. I wonder if Natewas still sleeping. The cold shower I took woke me up and I was dragged out to be dressed in my beautiful wedding sari. It was gorgeous. About 45 minutes later, my makeup and hair was done and I felt amazing. Sammy arrived with Nate's mom and Mandy who had Joy who was still sleeping in her arms. They all got dressed with my mom and sister. Then, they had their hair done. Amy and June arrived and then finally my cousin's wife and daughter. By 7:15, everyone was dressed up. After a few pictures with Nate's mom, she had to head back to the hotel for pictures with Nate. Sammy and my sister looked gorgeous in their saris.

After billions of pictures, we were finally done and we piled into our limo which arrived a bit late – it had dropped the guys off at the church. A wine bottle had been opened and my sister found a piece of paper on her seat. It was addressed to me and inside it said two words – a kiss. On the back it said, I found it in my shirt, From Nate. It was funny and no one knew what it mean but I did. The ladies had a few drinks themselves. The little girls were still a bit sleepy. Joy was adorable in her tiny dress.

I can't believe it. This is it. The limo brought us to the church. The photography and equipment had been set up ahead of us. I figured the guys were inside. The nerves were coming back but I was going to see Nate. we were all lined up for procession. I was at the very back with my parents on either side of me. The flower girls were all in front with Mandy carrying Joy. Behind her was Sammy and then me. My sister was behind me holding my train. The veil was put on to cover my face and you couldn't see my face from too far only up close. The music began. The girls walked down and then it was my turn to go inside. Everyone was standing and peering down the aisle. This was extremely nerve racking.  I'm glad my parents were holding my arms. I would've dropped right there. We finally got to the front and my parents went and sat with Nate's parents. I looked at Nate who was looking at me and gave me a smile. I could tell he was just as nervous. Little drops of sweat had formed on his face and he kept dabbing at it.

His face was a bit surprised at first seeing me in a sari after a while now. I barely heard what the priest what . Finally the time came, we did have a thali and also rings. We did the rings and then the thali. We shared our vows and at this point I was tearing up so much. Thank goodness the makeup was water proof. Nate shed a few too. Finally we exchanged rings and I was ecstatic. Nate gave my hand a tight squeeze. The thali was blessed and when the time to put it on came, there were flower petals floating around us and Nate finally lifted my veil. It was a great moment. Our eyes could only see each other and everything kind of froze. It was so special. I wonder if every couple has these moments. My mouth was hurting from smiling so much but I couldn't help it. I could only smile.

We were Mr. and Mrs. I was so happy. The bridal party was lined up to process out and finally, we turned to walk down the aisle as husband and wife. I saw all the family and I waved and smiled. These moments are unforgettable.

The day just flew by, we held hands the whole time. The reception was after our photoshoot. We headed to a park.garden space and there were another million pictures. Then we were split again to get ready. I was dressed in the gorgeous golden sari and we went to the hall. Nate and I saw each other again and after our bridal party processed in, we entered. Our hosts today were Mandy and Raj. There were a lots of emotional speeches and crying. We had cake which was given out to everyone for dessert.  I was just happy to have Nate as my husband now. I can't believe it. I never expected to be married so quickly. I am 27 now and Nate is 30. According to mom, it's a good time to get together and have a family.

We finished the speeches off with our own thank you speeches at about. Once the place was being cleaned and the festivities came to a close, we  headed to the hotel. We were left alone  in our partywear still. We were expected to have our first night.  We sat talking and Nate gave me a cute little speech about me being his dream wife. I told him that I couldn't find anyone better in the world to marry. We decided that we're both too tired to have the whole first night and we'll just renew out energy. We ended up waking up early. The flowers sat around the room and after each of us took showers, we changed into the few extra clothes we had. I had a pair of sweats, a t-shirt and hoodie. When I was trying to get out of my sari, Nate helped me and the heat kind of rose to my cheeks.  I wore the t-shirt and sweats. Nate had a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. We curled up with each other after a kiss, on the bed watching TV until I felt tired and fell asleep.