Day 11

I woke up with lots of butterflies in my stomach. Today was going to be a nerve-wracking day. Nate's family, Nate and I were leaving in two cars to go back to my house to visit my family. It's a really long drive of about a quarter of the day but from there to where Nate lives is only two hours. We woke up super early and left so that at lunch time, we would all be there.

My family was so happy to see me and our families definitely got along well. We could only stay for about two hours before leaving. I was sad to go but my parents were fine with me at Mandy's. They know her and her parents well. While we were there, I was able to grab a few of my clothes that was in my mom's storage.

Let me tell you how it went down. My siblings were surprised I found a guy like Nate. My past relationships met with big disapproval every time. Both of our siblings got along really well. Nate's sister was doing my sister's nails. It was so sweet to see our sisters bonding with one another. Our parents talked a lot and soon the photo albums – gulp – came out. Really embarrassing pictures from when I was younger were revealed. Nathan was laughing so hard until I gave him a look and he quieted down.

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay longer or else we wouldn't get back in time but when we left, everyone was smiling and it had been a joyous occasion. Aunty, Uncle and Sammy were going to make their way back to their place. I gave them all big hugs and told them I was glad to have met them in person and spend the day with them. After our goodbyes, we went in our separate cars in our separate ways. Nathan drove about three hours and we stopped for a snack break. I became a bit angry when the cashier flirted with him and a group of girls were eyeing him.

I changed from the dress into jeans and a t-shirt back at my house and now it was my turn to drive. Nathan had gone to sleep. He looked so calm and peaceful in his sleep. I could watch him doing that all day. Is that creepy? Okay, I'll stop. We finally reached the province of Quebec and now there was another two hours drive ahead. The problem was that it was getting late and by now it was too dark to drive. I called Mandy to check on things and  we were told to get to a hotel. They didn't want us to drive late. There have been dangerous things going on and in the night time, who knows what could happen?

We stayed at a pretty fancy hotel. Their rates per night were quite high. Both Nathan and I had enough cash on us and he wanted to pay using his credit card. There was just one problem – the other rooms had been booked for a huge party that were renting those rooms. We had to share a room for ourselves. I let Nathan use the bathroom while I watched TV. Nathan came out wearing just a towel. I forgot he didn't have extra clothing but luckily he had his gym bag in his car. I had to go get that and catch my breath after seeing him like that!

My clothes that I had brought back from my house were folded on the bed. I grabbed them and took my shower. I washed up and reached out for a towel. Beside the towel was his wallet and phone. He forgot to take them with him. Should I look at his phone? We haven't gotten to that point where we share everything just yet. That would  also be an invasion of privacy and I don't know what kind of private calls and messages he'd have on it.  I decided not to. I trust him and myself. I want our relationship to be honest and for it to grow.

When I came out of the bathroom, he was wearing a tight black t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I think my eyes bugged out a little. He looked like one of those teen-fiction novel vampires – so dark yet beautiful. I don't mind taking a bite of that! Oh god, here I go again!

 It was time for us to get some rest. He decided to take the sofa and I took the bed. I was in a hotel room, with the guy of my dreams, at night, in the middle of almost no where. What am I doing staring at him from the bed instead of sitting next to him on that sofa? No, I will behave. He's being decent and so should I. I'll give him his space. But, one of these days...