Day 4

Today, Granny came upstairs with a plan. Tomorrow, was our weekly rituals and we had to go get me a saree to wear. I thought it'd be fun. Are you kidding me? She was killing me! She found something wrong with almost every single one we picked.

 I wanted to get something simple and sweet but in the end Granny found something that we both liked but still had her conditions to it. It was really pretty. This saree was a blend of turquoise with silvery and reddish beads with a cherry red border. I was going to pair it with some silver jhumkas and a silver necklace. 

After shopping, we dropped Granny off at her friend's place. She wanted us to pick her up in a few hours. We then drove to a park nearby and we had a bit of fun with Mandy's camera taking pictures. We found another awesome picture to add to the album. It was one of me on the swing laughing while Nathan pushed the swing. 

I didn't tell you about the other pictures in there that we added recently. So anytime we wore a really cute outfit or saree, Mandy and I added it to the collection. Mandy is really good at all this. She's a great photographer, makeup artist and fashion advisor yet she is studying to be a doctor. Personally, I think she would've made it big in the fashion industry but she told me that she never delved into it before especially with her parents wanting her to do medicine.

Anyway, Granny was working on our blouses for the sarees at her friends place. I thought it would be more Granny style but I was wrong – it was simple and modernized. I have to owe it to Granny, she's got good taste.

Today, Mandy and Raj surprised me. Since Raj is half Spanish he follows a lot of Spanish customs. Our bridal party will be performing at their wedding. That means we'll be doing a dance – salsa, tango, etc. We met up with the others at the dance studio and I felt pained afterwards. We have two classes a week – only. Thank goodness.

 It felt so good to have Nathan's arms wrapped around me but I felt people's eyes on us and it felt awkward.  The page boys and flower girls were so cute though. They stumbled around trying to copy us. We don't have much choreographed yet but I think we're doing good for a two hour class. So far so good. Then doom strikes. One of the other bridesmaids suggests we switch partners. She struts over and grabs Nate. I ended up being stuck with another one of the groom's men.

I was so jealous! She was leaning into him and he looked like he enjoyed it! Ugh, it was sickening. I couldn't help shooting daggers at them with my eyes. In the car, I sat as far away from Nathan as possible which was only a seat away. He tried to talk but I pretended to look out the window and comment on something. Then I pretended to be busy on my phone so he couldn't see my face. When we reached home he followed me to my room and said it looked like I was having fun with that other guy. I did a double take. I was having fun with someone else? Are you kidding me? That girl was all over him and he was letting her do that. He was having fun with her while I suffered inside – he played all those moves on me just to move on to some other girl. Okay, I might be overreacting here but I definitely did not enjoy being with the other guy like he thinks I did.

 I left him and after a while I felt bad and went to say sorry. This has been one of those little fights in our relationship that we laugh at when we look back at it. I went back to say sorry but he was gone. I looked around the house and he was in the backyard with Raj. I heard everything. "She hates me man, I messed up." "What do you mean? Why?" "She thinks I liked being with that other girl and before that was that stupid prank I played on her." "Well you two have just started dating, these things are common! Don't worry man. You two are already acting like you're married! Wait until my wedding is over and then we can plan yours" The guys begin to laugh. "You're right man. I can't let stupid fights like this get in the way of what I feel for her. She's the most beautiful woman I've met in my life." I couldn't help smiling here."  "Just go talk to her." "No man, she doesn't want to. She keeps ignoring me." I interrupted,"Yes I will." Raj left and then I hugged Nathan from behind and told him how sorry I was.

We went back in after our little make-up and had dinner of fried rice and chicken wings. So good! While I was brushing my teeth, Nathan popped in and tried to give me a peck on the cheek.  I didn't let him. Nathan looks at me asking "Why?" I felt shy and with a blush, I tentatively start saying, "Well, it's only been a few days..." "What?" "Since we got together." "So?" "We aren't that far into our relationship yet, we need to get to know each other first." Giving me a blank look he says, "We live with each other." His face breaks out into a goofy grin. I giggled like a little girl and ran into his arms. I couldn't figure out why I was so nervous! I let him stroke my hair while we hugged. I learned a lot about him these past few days but there's more for us. I know there is.

 I don't know why I resisted. I guess I'm being a bit paranoid. I don't want things to get messed up. I want to take this slowly. I don't want this to last only a month because that's how long we'll be at this house. I want more from there. I really hope there's more. There's always hope.