Countdown to the Wedding

A month later, we're back in Quebec. When we got to Mandy and Raj's house, they came out congratulating us. Mandy's belly was quite swollen. They asked us if they should reduce their rate to one room instead of two. We already started to sleep together but until we are married, the answer to her queestion is a no. I'm glad we are where we are right now. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Mandy is actually starting residency and a month later she'll be back at home and will go back an year later. Months went by. There were phone calls and emails about wedding preparations.

I've started my own residency. The hospital is really nice but a little far. It takes about half and hour what with Nate's building being 20 minutes away from Mandy's house and my hospital being 30 minutes away. So in the morning, he would drive me to my place and pick me up afterwards. We made a promise to have a special date at least twice each month so neither of us feels neglected. Time flew by quickly! Juan is so big now. He can kind of say our names – Aunty Kay and Unco Nate! It's so cute.

In October, Mandy had already begun to feel pain and she's at eight months. We did contraction exercises together and when the guys saw us they wanted to know what we were doing and Mandy said it was practise for when I had my own. I gave her a slap on the arm. What a joker but Nate gave me one of those smoky dark smiling faces that were irresistible and my insides made me shiver. Turns out, a week later her water broke. This baby was premature. Joy came out beautiful and healthy. This time it wasn't so hard for Mandy and we had less screaming.

And it was less dramatic. She was allowed to come back home within two days. Joy was born at the end of October – on the 30th. Juan says he got a baby sister for Halloween. While Raj, Meera and Joy were at the hospital, we spent Halloween with Juan and this time the Halloween party was at grandma and grandpa's house. We took Juan to Mandy's parents and then to Raj's. Then we did some trick or treating on our street. He was only allowed to have two pieces of candy. The rest I put in the candy jar that we all finished in another week or two.

 Joy was beautiful and Juan wasn't even jealous of mommy and daddy spending a lot of time with her. He says when mommy and daddy are busy he can play with us.

Nate and I share romantic time together when we get the chance to.

For Christmas, we drove down to the parents' places and spent about a week at each house. Nate and I stayed in one room when we were at our parents' houses. Our wedding colours had been picked as green and gold. The moms had taken over the clothing stuff except for my sari, I had to come back to pick it. Nate and I went back for more wedding prep. We picked out our own wedding clothes. Nate got a suit and I got a sari which he hasn't seen. It was beautiful. White with white on white and I'm pairing it with gold and silver. The clothing, church, day and time had been selected. At the hall, we're going to do some taste testing in March. The wedding will be in June. I can't wait!

All of our dates have now been about the wedding. And we missed our special dates for three months from January to March. For Nate's birthday, I gave him my promise ring. We have small fights here and there but what relationship doesn't have those?

The colours of green and gold will be the main theme. We're pairing it with flowers of all colours.  It'll be very bright and those are the colours that I wore when I first met Nate's family, when Nate met mine (he wore a green shirt I think and I wore a yellow dress – there's a picture somewhere), it was also the colours I wore when he proposed to me. The cothing for our bridal party and parents have been ordered. The moms are wearing goldish saris both different and dads have green dress shirts. My bridesmaids are wearing green saris with the gold touch in jewelery and shoes. My flower girls are wearing cute light green dresses with a golden sash and Joy gets her own modified baby dress– it's like a jumper with a skirt and the top is a sparkly gold and the bottom is green. She's so cute. Mandy's wearing a gold dress herself – she doesn't want to wear a sari with all the weight she's gained. As for myself and Nate, at our reception I'll be wearing an all gold sparkling sari with my greeny bouquet. I'll have small green details in the sari. Nate will be wearing a black dress shirt with a gold tie which was stitched with out names and the wedding date on the back side in gold string and a green flower boutoniere.