Chapter 34: Replacement in Command and Training with Death

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He looked to be a tall figure who's face is hidden beneath a golden mask with antlers while wearing bronze armoured pauldrons and a white cloak that hide his body.

The figure then stand and bowed as he said, "My apologies for my late arrival. I was being busy lately." He said in a calm tone.

"N-no worries. You are actually on time. It would be fortunate for your assistance in coming here in such a prudent time." Honest said in a strained tone.

"Of course...." The figure said before he turned towards Budo and said, "Greetings."

Budo, however, doesn't respond as he stare ruefully at the figure as he look at Honest again and said, "Who is he?"

The figure however, just introduced himself to Budo, "I do apologize for not introducing myself sooner. I am the Hierophant. And I am here to handle the Tartarus debacle as I see fit. I hope you would understand that, do you, Supreme Commander Budo?" The figure, the Hierophant, said to him in gusto.

Budo continue to stare at the Hierophant in a flabbergasted manner before he stare at Honest and said, "What is the meaning of this?"

"What do you mean?" Honest said.

"Him. I expect some General or whatever. Or at least someone that I should know. Not someone who looks like he should belong to a church. How can I expect him to actually be capable of military warfare?" Budo said in a doubtful tone.

Before Honest could say anything, the Hierophant started to speak up.

"You can doubt me all you want, Supreme Commander but as Honest said, 'desperate times calls for desperate measures' and I am the desperation he needs to finally get this whole debacle with the Tartarus done as much as I can. And besides, are you really going to doubt me in military competence when yours are questionable at best?" The Hierophant said, pointing out towards Budo's words.

"What... did you... just say... to... me?" Budo said, his tone being barely restraining his rage as he tower over the Hierophant.

"You heard me, Supreme Commander Budo. How many Imperial Outposts were all gone since by the hands of the Tartarus Empire? How many has many 'proud soldiers' of the Empire desert their post when they met the Tartarus Empire? How many have tried to resist and fight off the Tartarus Empire only to die in vain as they are being invaded? And furthermore..." The Hierophant started to give a glare at Budo and said, "How many have you noticed that the Empire has been infiltrated by the Tartarus Empire? Especially the frequent complaints of the nobility having their money, their food, their..." The Hierophant started to put a finger on his mask and said, "Well, whatever nobles get nowadays. So, while you may question and doubt on my capabilities, how have you been busy with yourself, Supreme Commander Budo?" The Hierophant said to Budo.

Budo is now gnashing his teeth as his anger finally spiked as he readied his gauntlet, raised his fist up high and-

"Are you really gonna attack me, Supreme Commander Budo? In the palace? In front of the Emperor? Are you really that petty enough to truly do something barbaric? Are you?"

Budo stopped himself as he heard what he said and look at Makoto who can only look in shock at what Budo had done while Honest can only cross his arm, giving a disappointed shake while his smile showcase it is anything but.

Budo is forced to calm himself down, not wanting to make a fool out of himself as the Hierophant just give a mirthless scoff.

"In any case, you are not truly replaced, Supreme Commander Budo. At the very least, you will be tasked with protecting the palace since that is the only thing you are good at, of course. I mean, skilled and strong as you are, deserving his reputation as the 'second' stronger warrior in the Empire, after Esdeath herself, that is..." This made Budo flinched at what he said, "I assure you that I can and will protect the Empire from the whole Tartarus debacle. If..." The Hierophant then stare at Honest, who flinched at his gaze, as he said, "And I mean, if there isn't any problems, right, Prime Minister Honest?"