🕴️The Handler🕴️

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

☂♥☂♥☂♥☂

(Five Hargreeves)

"What the hell is he doing here!?" I seethed as I saw Klaus driving a literal ice cream truck. Diego was in the passenger seat as well which surprised me. What is he doing encouraging Klaus' shit?

"It's a setup!" Cha-Cha exclaimed as she shot a bullet at me. My eyes widened as Luther stepped in front of me. I waited for my brother to collapse. It never came.

I looked over at Y/n, but she was frozen. I gasped. What happened to her!? Is she okay!? I grabbed her by the shoulders and began to shake her.

"Y/n." I whispered.

"Neat trick, isn't it?" A voice said. I slowly turned around and saw the devil herself standing there. I know I asked to see her, but I didn't think she'd actually show. And not like this.

"Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered." She smiled as I started walking over to my former boss.

"It's good to see you again. Feels like we met just yesterday. Course, you were a little older then." She sighed. "Congratulations on the age regression, by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent." She congratulated. I nodded in reply.

"Ah, well, I wish I could take the credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and..." I put my hands in my pockets. "Well, you know. Here I am."

"You realize your efforts are futile." She said sternly. "So why don't you tell me what you really want?" She smiled again. It made me uneasy.

"I want you to put a stop to it."

"You realize what you're asking for is next to impossible. Even for me. What's meant to be is meant to be. That's our... raison d'etre."

"Yeah? Well how about survival as a raison?" I smirked as I pulled out the gun that I had slipped in my blazer. Glad I took it.

"I'll just be replaced. I'm but a... small cog in a machine." The Handler remarked. I felt small because of her words. I knew she was right. But I need to stop the apocalypse.

"This fantasy you've been nurturing about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse... is just that. A fantasy." She remarked as if she were teasing me. I clenched my jaw.

"I must say, though, we're all quite impressed with you initiative, your... stick-to-itivenes. Really quite... quite something." She smirked at me as she ran her hand across my cheek.