CHAPTER 91

Chapter 91 – A Deity’s Blood (1)

After pacing for a few steps with the shrill of deafening wails still surrounding them, a much colder wind blew and Amelia crossed her arms tightly to herself. Her fingers grazed something hard and round in shape, prompting her to incline her head down just in time to see the familiar dark spots forming on her forearms. The size was much bigger than the one she previously had, and the color was a shade darker too, if that was even possible. Her breath caught in her throat seeing that it expanded in an alarming rate and she pondered if it had something to do with the fact that the Necromancer’s place of death was getting closer.

Amelia turned her head away from the sight, but the irritating itch was making it hard to ignore as the pain drilled right into her bones. She scratched the spots a few times and she was almost tempted to dig into her own flesh just so she could relieve herself from the excruciating itch.

The dark elf heard a slight change in the girl’s breathing, like it was subdued and more quiet than usual. He initially thought that maybe an evil spirit made its way through their barriers. He peeked over his shoulder and froze in an instant seeing the pitch black spots squirming on her arms.

His forehead creased in a furrow, immediately grabbing onto her wrist and covered the dark spots with his palm. The spots let out a hiss before it vanished completely. Before Amelia could even breathe a sigh of relief, her eyes widened at the itchy feeling now blooming on her calf. She looked down and saw dark spots on both of her calves, popping up like mushrooms one by one as they materialized on every inch of her skin.

Then, a stabbing itch made itself known all over her limbs.

She huffed in labored breaths. If felt like her skin was on fire. Her legs trembled beneath her and she landed on the ground on her knees and palms. Pools of sweat beaded her forehead and fell to the bloodstained ground.

She gasped heavily and fought to regain her breathing. She could feel it everywhere and it was already taking a toll on her energy. She screwed her eyes shut, it felt like her body was not her own anymore.

It was only a matter of time until the curse enveloped her from the inside out.

Just when she was about to crumble, a strong scent of blood wafted through the air and a wet trail of liquid was smeared against her skin. She forced her eyes open with the remaining energy that she had to see what it was and heaved in shallow breaths, instantly seeing a stream of red and golden blood dripping from an arm that was stretched above her. A dribble of reds trickled her eyelids down to her cheeks, and her eyes fluttered close in understanding.

This was God’s divine blood. The one that was portrayed in legends was shedding precious blood like it was nothing.

With her mind full of these jarring emotions, she wiped the blood off her face with the back of her hand. The dark spots gradually disappeared at the presence of the deity’s blood. Gaining back a little bit of strength, she held Alfonso’s wrist to stop him from opening his wound even further. “That’s enough.” She uttered, her white face smeared with reds.

“It’s not enough.” Alfonso replied adamantly. He tore the wound on his arm even more and the gush of blood oozed out like a streaming tide down to her tresses, soaking Amelia’s blonde hair with his own blood.

The power his blood held was so intimidating in nature that the evil spirits that surrounded them fled in fear.

“Stay here.” After losing a huge amount of blood, Alfonso’s face paled but it was still fierce nonetheless. His eyes remained calculating and murderous, never faltering once and if anything it grew even more daunting, his anger soared to great heights after seeing his human in the brink of death. What he wanted to do now was to drag the madman to the gates of hell himself.

Amelia remained unspeaking at his demeanor. Even though she knew how angry Alfonso could get, it was her first time to see him this angry, with so much fury within him that she could feel it vibrating off him. His attractive face was set into a fierce scowl, forehead and brows furrowed in disdain with an intent to destroy.

Afraid to be on the receiving end of his anger, she subtly looked up at him and acquiesced. “Okay. I won’t go anywhere.”

She knew that the closer she got to the Church, the closer the remains of the Necromancer were, which meant the effect of the curse would also be a lot stronger.  There was a huge possibility the curse would engulf her entirely by the time she got to the Church itself.

Putting herself in such a situation would be a great mistake on her part and it would undoubtedly risk her life in the process. She sat cross-legged on her spot obediently and decided that she would stay here for the time being.

Alfonso regained his strength albeit just slightly. He gently tapped the remaining blood from his fingertips onto the girl’s forehead and drew a tentacle from underneath his feet to protect her for good measure. After deeming her well and guarded, he went straight to the direction of the Church and disappeared into the black mist.

*