CHAPTER 95

Chapter 95 – Most Evil of Them All

She’s going to take it slowly; and by slowly she meant to wait until he’s dead to prevent herself from getting hurt.

“Okay.” Light said all of the sudden, pulling Amelia from her thoughts. The tip of the brush stopped moving and he placed it down. Too scared to move, Amelia remained on her back and he helped her up by gently lifting her from her shoulders. He took a mirror in his right hand and faced it in front of Amelia to see her reflection.

“Behold! Doesn’t it look great?” Light chuckled. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, closing the space between them. The heat his body exuded burned the tips of her blonde tresses that she squealed audibly.

He nudged his chin on her shoulder to remind her to concentrate on her appearance. Amelia abided and glanced at her reflection, seeing a bunch of drawings painted on her forehead. Uniquely made patterns were drawn sinuously that it appeared almost lifelike.

“What do you want to do?” She could feel the magical power slowly flowing from the drawing.

The bottom half of his face was reflected alongside hers. His lips parted and closed but Amelia didn’t hear any words come out of him. Then suddenly, her breathing stopped and her eyes grew wide. Were her eyes deceiving her? She blinked, squinting her eyes at the bottom of the mirror where a black figure materialized behind them.

He’s here. He’s here. He’s here. Her mind reeled nonstop at the idea of Alfonso finally arriving, but she realized that Light still had his arms wrapped around her in a hot embrace, and she couldn’t pry herself off his clutch.

She tried to shake him off of her but his hands caged her so firmly he didn’t budge at all. She let out a defeated sigh as her eyes closed in surrender.

It felt like she was caught in such a misleading position. Like an owner who got caught by its’ domestic, jealous cat, catching a whiff of other cats rubbed on your skin.

Amelia tried to make herself small in an attempt to avoid the cold, murderous aura Alfonso exhibited.

Pak! Light was stabbed once again.

Alfonso threw the black book he stepped on rashly to the side. The light whip gushed out of his fingertips and went straight to where Light’s heart was located and pierced it with an unforgiving force. “Asking for death.” Light hissed through his gritted teeth and the clutch he had on Amelia fell to his sides. Body now unsupported, Amelia lost her balance and before she could land face first on the ground, the tentacle caught her by the waist and gently pulled her behind Alfonso.

Alfonso threw her a brief, seething glance that clearly said he would deal with her later. She kept her mouth shut as she was sent straight outside of what seemed to be a temple, where several tentacles instantaneously surrounded her in their protection.

Once she was out, Amelia saw that it was a long-abandoned temple. Judging from its architectural façade and how the golden patterns were intricately carved, it was the temple of the God of Light himself. But for some unknown reason, it was left unused thus the severely dilapidated, unmaintained structure.

Amelia was laid on the ground. The varying, echoing sounds coming from the inside went on continuously like firecrackers. Then, the ground beneath her shook as the temple exploded from the inside, causing a quake that led to large holes around her surroundings. Dust blinded her for a few seconds, and a much louder boom was emitted for the second time.

Red lava flowed like a tide in between the floor tiles, sizzling and smoking in their wake.

Sensing the trouble that was nearing her, the tentacles wrapped itself on Amelia’s waist and dragged a hundred meters more away from the catastrophe. Numbly, Amelia saw the temple collapse to ashes and two figures hovered in mid-air from a distance.

She craned her neck up and saw red lava dripping from the black figure. It was a mesmerizing sight, Amelia thought.

The white figure broke the silence between him and his enemy. He smiled brightly and his voice could be heard clearly even though he was a hundred meters away from her. “I heard you’ve forgotten who you are.” He stated mockingly with a shake of his head.

“I’ll tell you who you are then. You are the God of Darkness, the most evil of them all from both the heavens and the earth.”

“Regardless of how many times you claim to be a dark elf, it won’t hide what you really are.” Anybody would be able to hear the ridicule in his voice.

Meanwhile, Amelia who was at a far distance, closed her eyes and dropped her head in surrender, feeling the black figure’s gaze on her.