Yun Meili's invitation (3)

Yun Meili stared at Lin Lihua with shock apparent on her face, as she didn't expect her to come to the banquet.

''She came?!'' Fen Xinyi voiced her exact thoughts.

Instantly, Yun Meili could feel the women scrutinizing her, but ignored them as her gaze stayed on Lin Lihua and the man beside her.

'Where have I seen him before?' She wondered, examining the blond hair man dressed in a maroon suit.

He looked very familiar to her.

''Mrs. Lin, May I ask why the sentence coming from Mrs. Fen's mouth is different from the reality?'' The madam who made the first comment glared at Yun Meili and Fen Xinyi.

The madam had an idea of what they tried to do and was angry.

Yun Meili snapped out of her thoughts and revealed a sad expression with teary eyes, ''Why are you blaming me?''

She removed her white handkerchief from her silver purse and dabbed the fake tears from her eyes.

''I didn't know she would come, besides rumors go on that she wouldn't be coming, and my family believed it,'' She continued her act and cleaned her tears trailing down her cheeks, but she felt disgusted inside.

'The same handkerchief I used on that elevator is the one I am using the deceive these madams,' Yun Mieli felt nauseated inwardly.

As she expected, other madams revealed a look of realization and looked at her with pity.

''Mrs. Pei, Don't be hard on Mrs. Lin. Everyone is aware that the president isn't close to the branch family,'' Another madam attempted to calm the angry madam that made the first comment.

Her name is Mrs.Pei.

Mrs. Pei looked at Yun Meili's actions garnered pity and felt these madams were fools.

She has her problems at home, like dealing with her husband's mistress, and the fake cries the mistress uses to bewitch her husband when something doesn't go her way is the same as Yun Meili's tears.

She despises it.

'And she is using it on us,' Mrs. Pei wanted to open these madams' eyes but stopped herself.

Her family's standing is not the same as Yun Meili's family. They might be the branch family, but people still want to gain a connection with them.

No one knows what will happen to Lin's president in the future.

''Hmph! Mrs. Lin can deceive others but not me,'' Mrs. Pei glared at Yun Meili and left the group of madams.

She loathes it when someone uses the same crying action as the mistress that destroyed her marriage. It reminds her of the bad times.

'After dealing with that prostitute leeching on my husband, I will deal with her later,' Mrs.Pei made a vow in her heart to deal with Yun Meili for deceiving her.

At Mrs. Pei's words, Some madams looked at Yun Meili with suspicion, but Yun Meili revealed a heartbroken expression with dried tears, ''You can suspect me like my niece, but I didn't know that she will come.'' She smiled sadly, ''But I am happy she came for the first time to one of my birthday banquets.''

''Please excuse me. Let me welcome my niece,'' Yun Meili left the group but glanced at Fen Xinyi before she left.

Fen Xinyi understood the glance and slightly smiled before sighing sadly to the madams after Yun Meili left. ''Meili is the elder yet has to welcome her niece because she is the head and the president.'' Fen Xinyi made her voice a little louder for others beyond the group madams to hear.

At her words, Many looked at Yun Meili walking in the direction leading to Lin Lihua with a happy smile on her face.

And Lin Lihua stood by the unknown man since she entered the hall.

With these actions, They looked at Lin Lihua with dissatisfaction.

''I don't understand why Mrs. Pei said those words,'' Another madam quietly commented.

Hearing her words, Fen Xinyi smiled inwardly.

---

Yun Meili had almost reached Lin Lihua and the unknown but familiar man beside her.

''Who is he? and why do I feel like I am supposed to know him?'' She mumbled before smiling at the guests she passed.

Focusing her stare on Lin Lihua and her partner, she noticed Lin Jiali walking toward them. Suddenly she had a bad feeling.

''Cousin, why are you with an unknown man?'' Lin Jiali's voice was loud for all the guests to hear.

Immediately the murmurs stopped at her loud voice, and the guests focused with excitement.

They felt happy that a show is about to happen.

''Unknown man?'' Lin Lihua looked at Lin Jiali like an idiot before glancing at Lin Fenhua, whose mouth twitched.

He wanted to laugh.

His own sister didn't recognize him, and it felt funny.

'Was I that insignificant in their eyes,' Lin Fenhua wondered and looked at his sister, who seemed the same since the last time he saw her.

She looks more mature, and her arrogance remains the same.

''Yes, Don't you know they are rumors of an engagement between you and the Lu family's president?'' Lin Jiali hated to admit it, but Lin Lihua had achieved more than her, and she wanted to damage her cousin's reputation badly, even if she had to say those words that churned her stomach.

Glancing at the focused audience, she thought smugly, 'I will expose you as a slut today, and the Lu family will remove the idea of marrying you into their family.'

''J-J-Jiali,'' Lin Jiali saw Yun Meili from a far distance staring at her with an expression she couldn't decipher. She suddenly felt that she had committed something she wasn't supposed to have done.

''Rumors?'' Lin Lihua's voice made Lin Jiali look at her.

Staring at Lin Lihua's eyes, Lin Jiali felt she was mocking her.

Her mocking eyes made Lin Jiali forget her mother's weird expression, and she felt angry.

Clenching her fist, she said, ''D-Don't tell me you do not know about them?''

Seeing Lin Lihua didn't answer her, she thought the latter was tongue-tied and continued confidently, ''Cousin, it is absurd that you, as an outstanding president, don't know the rumors about yourself.'' Eyeing Lin Fenhua in disdain, she added, ''You even have the gut to bring an unknown man despite the rumors about the engagement. Even if they are lies, clarify them first, then you can date whatever man you want.''

Lin Jiali applauded inwardly for those words and felt Lin Lihua couldn't say anything as what she said was true.

She also managed to paint Lin Lihua as a woman that sleeps around.

Staring at Lin Lihua with a sense of accomplishment, her happy expression faltered at the laughing expression Lin Lihua showed with the unknown man.

''Eldest brother, I didn't know that we were dating,'' Lin Lihua teased as her stare remained on Lin Jiali.

''Ohhh, so you are calling me eldest brother now, but you always call me cousin,'' Lin Fenhua glanced at Lin Lihua and lit a candle for Lin Jiali in his heart as she messed with the wrong person.

''Eldest brother..... cousin.....,'' Lin Jiali murmured, confused as the previous feeling came again, and this time she had an idea of what she had done wrong.

'This man....' She looked at Lin Fenhua with evident shock on her face.

''Lin Jiali, don't tell me you forgot your own eldest brother,'' Lin Lihua voiced her thoughts.

😏😏😏 Enjoying drama, dear readers?

Another chapter guys.