Banquet (1)

I wish I could slap my previous self a week ago for jinxing myself as I gaze at the envelope in my hand containing an invitation with hatred.

This particular invitation was the start of my doom and when my act of villainess started.

'Seeing this invitation means it has been a month since I met him in my previous life,' I thought, seated on the bed staring at it.

''But I still have to meet him,'' I mumbled, laying on the bed and sighed, dropping the invitation.

This envelope has the invitation to Lin Jiali's birthday party, her sixteenth birthday party.

Everything apart from my actions in this life seems to follow what happens next in my previous life.

The only thing that didn't follow was Lin Jiali's confrontation and her party not taking place in this mansion.

'My actions might have changed things, and Anything can happen, which means I need to be ready,' I thought, staring at the pink ceiling.

''I need to renovate this room,'' I muttered after a while.

'It is too pink for my mental age,' I added in my thoughts.

I knocked on the door of Lin Fenhua's room and heard a faint 'come in' before entering.

Lin Fenhua, seated in his wheelchair with a book on his lap, smiled as I entered his room.

''Your sister invited me to her birthday banquet.'' I went straight to the point without allowing him to talk in the first place.

He furrowed his brows, looking displeased, and said, ''I thought I made myself clear that I am not their brother.''

''And I am not your younger sister,'' I said immediately.

Lin Fenhua likes me to call him elder brother, and I am not okay with that.

'He is not as cute as my BiaoBiao,' I thought, staring at the sad-looking Lin Fenhua.

Rather than my caramel hair, Lin Fenhua's hair color is blond with blue eyes like mine.

'But he is handsome,' I added to my thoughts.

''I have always wanted a younger sibling, and you are cute to have as one,'' Lin Fenhua continued his pitiful act of having me call him eldest brother like he doesn't have siblings at my uncle's house.

'If they consider him family,' I thought of his situation at Lin Junfeng's house.

''No is no. Anyway, Are you coming?'' I changed the topic to the actual reason I came to his room.

''Why will you ask when you know the answer?'' He stared at me like I was stupid for asking a question with an obvious answer.