Yun Meili's invitation (4)

I looked at the frozen lady in mockery and felt I was too dumb in my previous life.

If this was the type of plot, they used to destroy me in my first life, I was just too dumb...no..foolish not to notice.

And Blind by that so-called love for Mu Bochen.

''Dear cousin...'' I grinned and repeated my previous question. ''How could you not recognize your eldest brother?''

Lin Jiali couldn't answer and stood like an idiot, staring at Lin Fenhua in shock.

''Pfft...'' Lin Fenhua coughed to hide the laughter threatening to escape.

He must have felt this was too hilarious.

Glancing at the quiet audience with various reactions on their faces, I would be a fool not to discover what Lin Jiali planned to do.

And she shot herself in the foot.

''And what do you mean by the rumors, Lin Jiali?'' I didn't end my humiliating interrogation and continued, ''What does it have to do with you, a third party?''

I raise an eyebrow at her.

Lin Jiali just stared stupidly.

It seemed the appearance of Lin Fenhua was enough to give her that much amazement.

''Also, please explain your last sentences,'' I frowned at her, ''because you called me a slut, right?''

It seemed my question brought her out of her daze, and she quickly tried to answer, ''I-I.''

She glanced at the audience and paled, probably realizing the stupidity of her actions.

Lin Jiali looked at me and stuttered, ''I-I,'' she didn't know what to say.

''Lihua,'' I heard my name and found Yun Meili walking towards us with a smile. ''I didn't know you were coming, which was a surprise.'' She looked at Lin Fenhua with teary eyes, ''And... you... brought my son.''

Her voice was heartbreaking, like a mother reuniting with her long-lost child.

''Fenhua...'' She sobbed with her hand covering her mouth, ''It's been a while.''

Listening to her words, I praised inwardly.

Yun Meili is cunning that I have to admit.

Although Lin Jiali made a blunder, and many will talk about her action, the appearance of Lin Fenhua will be the hottest topic and her saving grace.

Lin Fenhua, the sickly son of the branch family, looks like an ordinary healthy person and can walk.

That's a mind-blowing discovery for the prominent families, much better than the young miss of the Lin Branch family trying to scheme against her cousin, the president.

''Yes..'' Lin Fenhua nodded. ''It's been a while, Mrs. Lin.''

His reply to her touching act was curt and polite. Opposite of an affectionate reunion between a child and his mother and awkward.

After a moment, murmurs started in the hall, which shows the audience couldn't wait to gossip.

Yun Meili's had a stiff expression.

My lips twitched at her expression and it was amusing.

One thing Yun Meili and Lin Jiali don't understand is that everyone in this hall is from a prominent family or maybe an entertainment company.

Which scheme have they not experienced in their homes?

Maybe not all families, but some.

They have illegitimate children fighting for inheritance or mistresses, causing problems in their homes. Either way, schemes like Lin Jiali's or Yun Meili's act is probably not new in their eyes.

And Lin Fenhua's reply must have shown that he is not close with his family, contrary to Yun Meili's words and actions.

''Aunt, please excuse your daughter as she didn't answer my question before you came,'' I tilted my side to see Lin Jiali standing behind Yun Meili with a rage expression and clenched fist.

She flinched and raised her head to me with her rage expression.

''Lin Jiali, why are you staring like that?'' I pointed out her expression.

She realized her mistake and changed her expression immediately.

But I didn't stop there and continued, ''I don't know why you are angry, but I am the victim here as I came to enjoy Aunt's banquet, yet you sprung up on my eldest brother and me as we entered,'' I could feel Lin Fenhua's glance at my words, especially the eldest brother.

''L-Lihua...'' Yun Meili wanted to talk, but I cut her off, ''Honestly... aunt, I didn't want to come here as I felt something like this would happen, but some rumors which have been going on for years of absence towards any banquet annoys me a lot,'' I looked at Yun Meili. But I couldn't help but observe the absence of Lin Junfeng.

He didn't come to save her and Lin Jiali like he usually does when their schemes towards me fail, which is odd.

'I will have Han chi to check on his other movements,' I noted inwardly.

As for Lin Bingwen, just like Lin Fenhua mentioned, he seems to regard his mother and sisters as fools, as I didn't get a glimpse of him and his father in the hall.

They must be outside on a balcony or somewhere.

Even if they come in now, they can use an excuse for not knowing, and people will not suspect.

'It seems Lin Bingwen is sharp and observant, unlike his family,' I thought.

''I have school, the company, and my brother to supervise, so I do not have time for petty matters,'' I revealed. ''but I expected aunt to have clarified with presents I send on each banquet you and uncle celebrate.''

Gasps and murmurs echoed in the hall. It showed our group was still eye-catching, although the murmurs were louder than before, thanks to my words.

''Anyway, I do not care about your excuses.'' I glanced at Lin Fenhua. And he understood my glance, which meant to leave the banquet.

''I hope you send my greetings to uncle and cousin Bingwen as I did not see them with you, which was weird,'' I uttered before almost turning my back on their ashen faces.

But, one...one voice made me stop, and that was the annoying, pure, and innocent voice of the most hated person in my previous life.

''Miss... Lin?'' A flowery voice asked excitedly, ''Miss Lin Lihua, right?''

And that flowery voice will be my most hated voice sound in this life.

Another chapter guys

Enjoy and Post soon on Thursday.😘😘😘

Also please wish me good luck as I am having five tests this week😭😭, I need motivation and a peaceful mind to pass them.