Yun Meili's Invitation (1)

''I am back,'' Fang Weiyi burst the door to my office like the owner in a sing-song voice.

''Hmm, Welcome back,'' I didn't look up as this was a usual occurrence for me and continued typing on the computer

''At least behave like you are happy with my presence,'' He sat down as I glanced at him to see his pout.

''Why would I be happy with someone who comes to my office almost every week without an appointment?'' I arched an eyebrow as I clicked ctrl+s to save my work.

''Sometimes I wonder how your family's business is still the best under your management.'' I wasn't lying about those words.

Fang Weiyi is a genius, but sometimes I wonder how he can handle his family's business well.

After defeating his cousin and her family, his father took back control of the Fang family and their business and gave the position of patriarch to his son Fang Weiyi.

Obviously, there will be voices of complaints. Although the video proved that Fang weiyi was the real genius and owner behind Fang Li Wei's research, Some might not be able to accept the truth.

Staring at the fun, innocent-looking man, those that voiced their complaints and tried to scheme against him are nowhere to be found, according to Han Chi.

There are others whose crimes of embezzlement in the hospitals and assaults on female patients were exposed anonymously.

And the culprit is this pouting man in front of me.

'Really, never judge a book by its cover,' I thought, dropping the pen after signing a paper.

''Well, I have to establish my presence like you and your fiance did, right?'' He smiled innocently.

'It seems Han Chi said the truth,' Leaning backward in my swivel chair, I sighed contentedly as my back touched the leather material.

''What do you want?'' I finally asked Fang Weiyi.

''Ah, Yes, I am hearing rumors about you attending your aunt's banquet,'' Fang Weiyi took a pen from the pen-holder and rolled it on the desk.

''Again with the rumors,'' My eyes shut frustratedly at his words.

I didn't attend banquets due to the company and school in the last few years.

Attending one of fifty ranking universities in the world is no joke. As a student, you will be packed with assignments by the professors and lecturers and many classes starting from seven am till six in the evening.

Also, as an online student, it is worst. Since you are schooling from home, the school adds extra classes, unlike the students who attend the university physically.

I didn't have time to counterattack insults or avoid meaningless schemes, but my uncle's family won't leave me alone.

When they send an invitation, rumors begins the next day after about my future attendance at their banquets. If I don't show up, many will talk negatively about my arrogance or disrespect to elders, including average-class people who do not understand anything about the high society.

'Because I am the president of the prominent Lin Company, I do not put my uncle and his family in my eyes.' With words like that, people talk about it.

Well, if my uncle or Lin Bingwen was targetting the company's stock prices to drop, they succeeded but not for long as I managed to bring it back up every time this happened.

That has been happening for a long time, and I do not care about it, but it seems I have to stop their nonsense and teach them a lesson.

''It is getting annoying,'' I opened my eyes with a frown.