Meeting Lu Bowen (2).

Fang Weiyi left the room for Lu Bowen and me to discuss.

I stared at him, and he stared at me. 

We stared at each other. Although My face might look blank, I felt nervous within me.

He was the only person in my previous life who stayed with me till the end. 

Although, when I thought of him as the enemy and did some drastic things to him, he didn't do anything and ignored me.

I thought he didn't take me seriously and continued.

But when I was in trouble, he saw and helped me without a second thought.

In the hospital, when I thought back to things I did to him, I noticed little things that he did to help me that I didn't then.

Even if we don't know each other well in this life, I regard him as someone important to me.

I don't want to force him to do anything against his will, including this engagement and marriage.

But I couldn't read anything on his face or eyes, apart from blankness.

''I am sorry for your loss.'' Lu Bowen said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I focused on him and cleared my throat to answer, ''Y-Yes, thank you.''

There was silence in the room again.

'How should I bring up the topic of our engagement?' I thought, glancing at him nervously.

''Grandfather told me that you still agree with the engagement,'' He said as I felt relief with the topic of the conversation.

''Yes, I did,'' I stared at him, debating on how to continue the conversation.

'He has the same behavior from my previous life,' I thought.

During his visit to the hospital, I noticed he doesn't talk much and listens.

He might say one or two sentences, but that is it.

''I came here to ask for your opinion on the engagement and the marriage,'' I said with hands clasped together on my lap.

He stared at me and answered, ''I have no problems with the engagement. I thought you would since you didn't have a say.''

''No, I don't. My parents want me to marry you, and I will follow their wishes,'' I stated.

''What of your family's company?'' He asked.

''My brother will take over when he is of age,'' I replied immediately.

''But I want us to agree on some conditions,'' I continued.

He looked at me deeply before asking, ''A contract?''

''No, I don't want a contract.'' I refused quickly.

He looked surprised at my refusal, and I turned to the side, avoiding his gaze that returned to an impassive gaze like the surprise emotion was an illusion.

'I hate when a contract is involved in a marriage,' I thought, returning to my calm self.

'besides, signing a contract is a bad memory for me.' I added to my thoughts, remembering some events in my previous life.