The Hospital (2)

I could smell a particular and familiar scent. The antiseptic and artificial fragrance floating in the atmosphere of the ward only exists in one place, the hospital. A fragrance that became normal for me to breathe in my previous life.

Someone who lived in this fragrance for a long time would gain pity from others, but I did not in my previous life. To people, I deserved that ending.

Even if my life ended in that pathetic manner, I was happy with a visit from one person.

''It is nice to meet you, president Lin,'' Jing Hebe's sickeningly sweet voice made me focus on her.

My hands twitched to land a slap on her face to destroy that repulsive fake smile. I calmed myself inwardly before repeating my previous words. ''Miss Jing can continue her words.''

Her eyes had a trace of panic, but her mouth spoke another, ''I thought you were Jiali, president Lin.''

I could tell she was lying immediately.

''I see.'' I stopped my interrogation from there.

I was going to bring up the trending topic, but Jing Hebe decided to speak first. ''I hope miss song is okay, Miss Lin.''

''She is well,'' I answered.

Jing Hebe sighed in relief before continuing, ''I was worried that something like this would destroy her or her career. If you want to blame someone, please blame me, Miss Lin.''

She shifted her gaze downward, and her voice choked like she was holding in her tears. ''It's my fault for trying to be friendly with her.''

I looked at Jing Hebe and felt she was born to be an actress. She really knew the advantage of her innocent and pure beauty. If it were anyone in my place, they would immediately fall for her words and possibly her honest character.

Her words would make anyone pity her and despise Song Xiyan even if they do not know them.

I would have also believed her if I did not experience my previous tragic life.

''Miss Jing,'' Jing Hebe raised her head at my call. Her cheeks were red and stained with tears. Sitting on a hospital bed, she looked frail with her bandaged ankle. Her current look could charm any man or make women feel pity for a weak-looking person like her.

But I am not among those that will feel pity for her, especially, when she used the same attitude to make me look like a villainess in my previous life.

''I am not here for that,'' I inwardly applauded myself for keeping my voice neutral. No one could understand how much I wanted to kill this woman.

She stilled, probably shocked at my reaction, before trying to smile, but it looked more like a grimace.

My eyes almost rolled at the surprise apparent in her eyes.

Does she really expect many people to fall for her trick?

Maybe almost all, but they will be some people who could see through her.

''What does Miss Lin want from me?'' She asked.

''I'd like to hear your version of the events surrounding. '' I noticed a chair positioned a little further away from the bed and moved towards it before sitting. I crossed my legs and leaned my back to get comfortable for Jing Hebe's story, which might be true or a lie.

''Oh,'' She stared at me for a while before explaining, ''Well, I wanted to befriend Miss Song, but it seemed she did not like me, and you know the rest, President Lin.'' Her shoulder drooped as she talked about Song Xiyan's attitude. She looked sad.