Banquet (2)

Lin Jiali might not be the young miss from Lin's direct family, but she is related to them as a cousin and niece.

Many guests would at least want to have a relationship with her, and there are rumors that Lin's family heiress would be coming.

And so, many guests came to Lin Jiali's birthday banquet hoping to see her and satisfy their curiosities.

There have been many rumors going about the Lin Family's heiress.

Some are about her snatching the heir's position from her brother since he is younger. Others say she is spoiled, arrogant, and looks down on people.

They are also some about the sickly young master of the branch family.

He left his family and moved into the heiress' mansion with her brother, and why? They are many rumors.

Many thought that during this year, because of the rumors, the Lin family's heiress would at least attend a function or banquet to clarify the matter, but none of that happened.

It's like she doesn't care about what going on about her.

''Miss Lin has grown to a fine young woman, Mrs. Lin,'' Someone complimented Lin Jiali as she greeted the guests attending her banquet with her family.

Lin Jiali smiled at everyone in her sexy red one-shoulder cutout Ruched Bodycon sleeveless dress with a slit paired with red with silver-brooched sandal heels and styled her curly long blonde hair into a voluminous ponytail with a silver hairpin.

Her silver earrings were on display with their shine.

''If you are so beautiful like this, I wonder how the heiress would be?'' The same person said with a smile.

The mood between the guests surrounding Lin Jiali dropped at the mention of Lin Lihua, but Yun Meili smiled immediately to smoothen things out.

''Of course, My dear niece would be fine too,'' She said before glancing at the person who said those words in a warning and smiling at the guests.

'Fine, but not beautiful,' The guests took note of the words that Yun Meili said and glanced at each other.

'Although she wants to put an image of a caring aunt, she can't fool us,' They thought, smiling at Yun Meili since they can't do anything about it, but they know the Direct family and the Branch family of the Lin's are not harmonious on the surface.

'At least they would be shows to watch in the future,' They added to their thoughts.

Lin Jiali smiled at the guests, but in her heart, she hated Lin Lihua.

Today was supposed to be her day to shine, but what she heard from people as she came to greet was piercing her heart.

Everyone compared her to her cousin.

It has always been like that.

She is a young miss, but her cousin is an heiress. There is a wide gap between them.

When they were younger, she befriended her cousin to make them friends in hopes people would see that she was the actual heiress, not her plain cousin.

When her uncle and Aunt died. she thought this was the best opportunity to deepen their bond as a family to take everything that was hers from the start, as her father said.

Everything in the Lin's was theirs.

But when she thought her plan with her father would be successful, reality slapped her hard.

Her cousin, who followed her like a dog, looked at her like she wasn't anything in her eyes. Those empty but arrogant eyes stared deep into her heart.

She had always been the one with arrogant eyes. And her cousin admired her for everything, but that changed after the funeral in school.

It looked like she was aware of everything in her head. And that made her slightly fearful of her cousin.

She had been aware of her father's plan to take the company from her cousins, and she supported it regardless of anything because that was her father's in the first place as the firstborn.

'I am the heiress, not my plain cousin,' Lin Jiali thought, clutching her hands together with hatred in her eyes while trying to smile.

As she was thinking, a hand squeezed clenched hands.

And she turned to her mother, who smiled at her in reassurance.

Yun Meili knew her daughter's problem with Lin Lihua. And she thought the same thing.

That position as the president and the head of the direct family was supposed to be her husband's, and she was supposed to be the madam of the prestigious Lin family.

'Not that arrogant brat,' She sneered in her mind as she remembered the attitude she displays to meaningless people but experienced it herself, from a child nonetheless.

She smiled at the guests, thinking of the fact her niece ignored and dared to threaten her and her husband.

She glanced at her daughter knowingly and released her daughter's hand.

Lin Jiali calmed herself and continued smiling at the guests.

But she thought smugly, 'You won't have those eyes anymore.'

She smiled and greeted the guests glancing at her mother knowingly as the mother and daughter pair planned something for Lin Lihua.

As Lin Jiali was greeting, she turned to the entrance of the hall as she heard noise and murmurs from that area and saw the person of her hatred.

People looked at the person in the topic in a trance as they gazed at the child walking into the hall, dressed in a round black neck V-back floral lace A-line gown showcasing her white skin, a styled and elegant light caramel silky hair with flower hairpins, and pink, glossy lips.

The child has gotten beautiful genes from her parents. But what made them look back were her beautiful light blue eyes. It didn't have emotions in them, but simultaneously you could feel arrogance within, and the way she looked at everyone in this hall was like a queen or, rather, an empress.

She walked with grace and poise in black sandal heels, not like a child but a woman.

Lin Jiali, drowning in jealousy of her cousin's beauty, hated that her cousin got the attention when she wasn't the celebrant. She glanced at her mother and saw the signal before calming down, calling her cousin's name, and walking towards her.

''Cousin,'' Lin Jiali started her hypocritical act of a caring cousin.

Hello readers and happy new week.

I hope you have a great week ahead.

Enjoy the new chapter.