Meeting Grandpa Lu (1)

Lin Lihua looked at the smiling, handsome man sitting in front of her desk.

 She circled a word in the paper she was reading before looking up at the man, ''I don't understand why you come here every week.''

''Fang Weiyi,'' Lin Lihua called his name.

''But you always welcome me, sister-in-law,'' Fang Weiyi smiled cheekily.

She dropped the pen and paper because she couldn't concentrate.

''What do you want?'' Lin Lihua stared at him and arched an eyebrow. ''again?''

It has become Fang Weiyi's habit to stop by the company and come to her office since she became the president.

''Nothing, my dear sister-in-law,'' Fang Weiyi answered. ''I wanted to stop by and say hello.'' 

'And report to your fiance as it has become his habit to send me to check on you on his behalf.' He added in his heart.

Fang Weiyi doesn't know if he did something awful in his previous life as he has become the link between the two presidents.

Once a week, He must check on his best friend's fiancee unless he won't be able to eat his favorite meal as his family's chef can't compare to the Lu family home's chef.

He noticed his best friend's attention on his fiancee when she visited the Lu Family's home.

Fang Weiyi thought it must have been a reaction to knowing who you would spend your life with as the two families forced the children to marry.

But he was wrong.

His best friend seems to have an unrequited love for his fiancee.

He gave her the Lu madam's necklace before the engagement, which shows the seriousness of the love.

Every nasty rumor in the city about Lin Lihua, his best friend, deals with it or sometimes makes issues for the branch family, but it seems his sister-in-law knows what she's doing about them.

It is when only someone mentions his sister-in-law's name that his impassive best friend shows a reaction.

And the annoying part of this love is the person of that love, his sister-in-law, doesn't seem to be aware.

He wanted to smash his head on a pole when he noticed her reaction towards Lu Bowen.

She didn't even smile when she received a present from Lu Bowen.

'Somehow, I feel pity for him,' He felt, staring at this beautiful lady.

There are many rumors about his sister-in-law, her beauty, or her life as the president position.

There is also that nickname, she-devil.

But with all the rumors, it doesn't change about the admirers and the men chasing after her.

Who doesn't want beauty with brains, money, status, and connections?

'Poor Bowen, with all those rivals,' he sobbed inwardly.

''Now I feel pity for him.'' Lin Lihua stared at Fang Weiyi, who murmured.

'Hmm? who?' She wondered, staring at him questioningly.

''Anyway, Grandpa Lu wants you to see him,'' Fang Weiyi uttered, not answering her questioning gaze.

That brought Lin Lihua's attention and she immediately tossed his murmurs to the back of her mind.

''Where and why?'' She demanded, leaning in her swivel chair.

''Of course, his family home and your engagement with his Grandson.'' Fang Weiyi answered.

Lin Lihua  didn't say anything because she was thinking of a free day in her busy schedule, but Fang Weiyi  narrowed his eyes.

''Wait..'' Fang Weiyi gasped as he speculated, ''Don't tell me you forgot you had an engagement with Lu Bowen?!'' 

'Bowen, I am feeling sorry for you,' He judged with melancholy.

 Sighing at his childish behavior, Lin replied, ''No, I did not.''

Fang Weiyi exhaled in relief at her answer.

''When can I come?'' She inquired Fang Weiyi.

''During your free time,'' He answered, standing up from his seat.

'I will have to make tomorrow free, then,' Lin Lihua planned.

''It's good you didn't forget your engagement with Bowen,'' Fang Weiyi smiled at her.

She stared at him before shaking her head and stood up after he did.

''Why would I forget my fiance is Lu Bowen?'' Lin Lihua asked, not understanding Fang Weiyi's mindset.

'Lu Bowen is the president of the Lu company, which rivals my company, so how can I forget about him,' She looked at Fang Weiyi as an idiot.

Fang Weiyi figured out his mistake and coughed to hide his embarrassment. He scratched his cheek with his index finger sheepishly, and they left her office.

Lin Lihua's assistant, Li Min, stood up at their arrival but sat down when she saw Lin Lihua shaking her head.

Fang Weiyi passed many employees, and as they avoided Lin Lihua, clearing the path for them.

'It seems the rumor is not for show,' He stared at the lady walking by his side, not minding their actions with a blank expression.

'Sometimes I feel I am walking with Bowen,' He compared as this happens when Lin Lihua escorts him.

'They behave so alike,' He thought amusingly.

They entered a private elevator, leading to the exclusive parking lot for the Lin family.

Lin Lihua saw Fang Weiyi's bright red sports car and waited by the car door as he got inside.

He closed the door as he ignited his car and wind down the window facing Lin Lihua, ''I told you to stop escorting me.''

''Goodbye,'' She didn't say a reply to his complaint and went back to her office.

'At least I got rid of the disturbance,' She assumed, ignoring the laughter behind me.

But Lin Lihua couldn't stop her lips from curling up.

Another chapter guys.

Thank you for 8k reads.

Enjoy!