Yun Meili's invitation (2)

''Mother, do you think she will come?'' 

In a wine off-shoulder high split long gown with a golden chain around her hip which came out nicely, Lin Jiali turned to her mother as they walked into an elevator in Jin Fong hall.

''Of course not, she won't. The plan wasn't for her entirely but for the company. It will make the stock prices in the company drop. And the shareholders with the directors will start questioning her management,'' Yun Meili explained to her daughter as she took out her handkerchief from her shining silver clapping purse to press the down key button in the elevator.

The elevator door closed with the mother and daughter inside.

''But why did you invite Lin Fenhua?'' Lin Jiali said his name with disgust laced in her tone, like they were not related to each other as siblings.

''For appearances, my beautiful aughter, we have to show people that we haven't forgotten our eldest son yet,'' Yun Meili answered as she noticed something about the elevator.

'I can't believe Junfeng had to use this hall for my birthday,' Disdain flashed her eyes as she examined the elevator that wasn't as expensive looking and glimmering as the Xianglin hall.

''Mother, this hall isn't like the one daddy used for my twentieth birthday,'' Lin Jiali voiced her mother's thoughts.

''Blame that brat for her tight hold of the company! Thanks to her, your father cannot take more money anymore,'' Yun Meili cursed her husband's niece while folding the white handkerchief into her purse.

Ever since Lin Lihua took hold of the company, Lin Junfeng has been having a hard time taking money out secretly, and it has affected Yun Meili and Lin Jiali's expensive spending of money.

Yun Meili loves to display her rich and beautiful life to people. The envy and jealousy she gets from them make her happy that no one could be like her.

Except for one person,

Lin Lihua's mother.

Someone more beautiful, wealthier, elegant than her and snatched the matriarch position of the prominent Lin Family from her hand. Yun Meili loathed her.

'And because of her child, I have to reduce the amount I spend,' Yun Meili, not used to seeing expensive things and not buying them, felt uncomfortable and blamed Lin Lihua and her late mother.

''Jiali, don't worry, the mother will make sure that brat doesn't surpass you and marry into the Lu family,'' Yun Meli assured her daughter as they both plastered their fake greeting smiles when the elevator door opened to the stage.

Lin Bingwen and Lin Junfeng were waiting on the stage for them.

''I hope we didn't waste time,'' Stepping out of the elevator, Yun Meili whispered as Lin Junfeng came to hold her by the waist, and Lin Jiali walked to her brother's side.

Gripping Yun Meili's waist tightly, Lin Junfeng answered her question with a smile, ''Of course, you didn't, my dear wife.''

Yun Meili's smile almost fell as she saw the glint of frustration in his eyes before she remembered the crowd watching and beamed widely.

'Why is he not smiling at me as much as he used to smile in their younger years?' Her smile was bright as she watched her husband, but it couldn't hide the pain in her eyes as she watched him talking to the audience with a wireless microphone in his hands

Yun Meili noticed for the last five years that Lin Junfeng does not look at her the same way anymore, even in the room, he doesn't initiate touching her anymore on the same bed. And that was humiliating for someone like her, who is confident in her body.

She uses the best of the best skin products to take care of her skin and prevent wrinkles from forming on her face, but Lin Junfeng doesn't look tempted, not even once.

Sometimes Yun Meili feels Lin Junfeng has a mistress because he works in the entertainment industry, where many young and beautiful actresses are looking for backers and sugar daddies. He always assures her that he has never had a single mistress.

She believes him as she has never seen or heard any news about her husband having a mistress, which slightly calms her heart.

But why doesn't he kiss her anymore?

Lin Junfeng hugs and holds but does not kiss her, and this amount of contact doesn't sit well with her.

She is Lin Junfeng's wife, yet she cannot get a kiss from him.

'Maybe he is stressed because of the money going to his spies in the Lin company,' Yun Meili concluded as she walked down with Lin Junfeng and greeted all the guests.

She doesn't know if she is saying that to lie to herself or not.

Lin Junfeng complained to her about the money. He couldn't get from the Lin company easily, and the spies working for him demanded up to five million.

'It is that Jinx!' Yun Meili once again cursed Lin Lihua for her marital problems.

After separating from Lin Junfeng, Yun Meili joined a group of older madams who were familiar with her, and immediately the gossip started.

''Meili, your niece didn't attend a banquet by your family again. Why is she behaving like you are not an elder?'' Her closest friend and the one who understands her the most lead the conversation.

Yun Meili smiled inwardly at her closest friend's sharpness, Fen Xinyi, and displayed a defeated expression with a sigh, ''Xinyi, please do not spoil my mood. My niece is already an adult and can do what she wants.''

''But..Meili, I can't watch her treat you like you do not exist. The company is in her hands, so why is she still treating you and your family like criminals?" Fen Xinyi spoke like she was looking for justice for her friend, and the group of madams fell for the act.

''Exactly, nothing big happened after her parent's death, so why is she keeping the branch family at arm's length?'' A madam who couldn't take Yun Meili's defeated expression commented.

''Yes, I mean you are family, and you share the same blood,'' Another madam voiced her thoughts.

Other madams vocalized their thought on the matter, and Yun Meili Glanced at Fen Xinyi with a slight smile before fixing her defeated expression.

'Even if you don't appear too much in public, I can still destroy your reputation before you enter the Lu family,' She felt happy with the results. 

'My Jiali will be the future Lu Family madam and not you, Lin Lihua,' Her defeated expression almost twisted, but she managed to calm down.

'Patience Yun Meili,' She told herself before focusing on the madam's conversation.

Just as she was about to destroy Lin Lihua's reputation again, Voices of surprise and murmurs echoed in the hall.

Yun Meili looked to see what caused the commotion. Her face paled at the sight of the familiar beautiful woman and the unknown but familiar man beside her.

Another chapter guys,

All my dear readers who love drama, I hope this small episode would satisfy you.😏😏

Enjoy and Post soon on Monday.