Banquet (4)

When I heard that name and my eyes instinctively followed the direction my uncle looked to call him.

I thought I would feel any emotion apart from hatred towards this man, Mu Bochen.

But nothing, no feeling of revenge or anger towards him.

I feel hate for him and also myself.

Why wouldn't I hate him when he was one of the people who destroyed me in my previous life?

Why wouldn't I hate myself for being naive and foolish when all the signs were there for me to see?

The Introduction of Mu Bochen was the same as in my previous life.

'He is a distant relative of my wife.'

And I do not know how true it is.

Brownish black-haired with honey brown eyes, any girl would fall for that look, and I was one of them in my previous life.

A prominent, arrogant missy chasing her distant relative and loving him intensely,

'How funny and foolish,' I thought as I remembered everything I did to gain his attention and love.

I stared at the man walking towards us, who took everything from me, or rather, I gave him, but he took it for granted.

In my previous life, when I thought I finally had him for myself and not for her, the white lotus, he threw me away when I was useless, but that didn't destroy me yet.

Two things destroyed and made me almost kill myself.

The first was that she and Mu Bochen were expecting their first child, and he was engaged to me, or rather, I thought we were engaged, but he didn't think so and told me.

'For an extremely wealthy person like you, you are stupid when your company is being taken away under your nose.'

I remembered the sarcasm in his eyes when he also told me, 'Oh wait! You are not rich anymore, Lihua.'

I also remembered staring at him, holding her waist with a swollen belly in front of me.

She stared at me with ridicule and a sense of accomplishment.

That was the day I saw him for who he truly is, nothing like the love I saw in his eyes when he stared at me.

'Or maybe that was my imagination of his love,' I thought as I stared at the man my dear uncle invited here.

''Nice to meet you, Miss Lin,'' Mu Bochen said, putting his hand out for me to shake with a smile on his face.

I stared at his eyes that I thought were innocent when he saved me from that supposed accident, or rather a planned one.

I glanced at his hands before nodding and moved my gaze to Lin Junfeng and said, ''It is nice to meet your relative, Uncle.''

The atmosphere became awkward for the family of hypocritical people and embarrassing for Mu Bochen at my refusal of his stretched hand waiting for me to hold.

Mu Bochen withdrew his hand as if nothing had happened and laughed softly, creating an image of a warm-hearted man with honey brown eyes.

I glanced at my sides, and as expected, many girls took a glance at Mu Bochen, all trying to hide their red faces.

And also, I could see hostility in their eyes towards me for taking his attention or possibly my refusal action of his handshake.

But once they met my eyes, they either shrank in fear of being caught or avoided my eyes immediately.

'All bark, and no bite,' I smiled contemptuously inwardly as these people would suck up to you but gossip badly behind your back.

Everyone wants power, money, and status. If you have those three, These people will rush toward you in hopes of having connections and benefits.

That's what happened in my previous life.

Many had an idea of what was going on. And no one came to warn or help me apart from the workers close to my parents and some people, including Lu Bowen, others wanted to watch the show and benefit from the winner.

That was my uncle and his family.

They didn't care about the actual heiress and her family.

''I didn't expect the rumors to be true about Miss Lin. I didn't expect to experience the rumor about you being unapproachable,'' Mu Bochen's voice broke me from thoughts as he spoke.

I moved my gaze back to him and saw his smile that irritated me.

His intention of wanting me to talk and be acquainted with him is very obvious.

''I see,'' I replied as I looked at my uncle, wanting to talk, but it seemed Mu Bochen would not leave me alone.

''If Miss Lin could do me the honors of a dance or to talk, at least we are family, although distant.''

My eyes snapped to him at the word 'family.'

It seems he could see the annoyance and disgust in my eyes because his smile faltered slightly but went back up again.

'It's the same,' I thought as what he said was different, but his intentions were obvious, befriending me.

''When uncle introduced you, I welcomed you as his relative, not mine, so where did you misunderstand that you were related to me, sir?'' I said, staring at him.

His perfect smile faltered, and I saw a crack in his warm expression, but it was only for a moment.

Greed.

His eyes contained greed as he stared at me.

**********

Mu Bochen didn't answer the question as he couldn't.

He was embarrassed not being able to talk or conversed with a girl younger than him.

Yun Meili, who read the atmosphere, glanced at her husband and saw his eye signal before speaking to her niece, who was not falling for their plan.

''Lihua, Mu Bochen is my relative, and since Jiali is related to him, you are also related to him.'' Yun Meili said with a smile.

'So you are going with that explanation.' Lin Lihua thought, staring at her.

'Well, be prepared for my words,' She added to her thoughts, opening her mouth to destroy this hypocritical family with her beautiful but painful words.

''So, does that mean Bowen is relative of Lihua?'' A new voice joined the conversation.

'That voice,' Lin Lihua thought as there is only one person who calls Lu Bowen, Bowen.

He dropped a hand on her shoulder as he stared at the four people at her front, staring at him with surprised eyes.

''I didn't expect the branch family to bring a distant relative just to meet the heiress of the Lin family, second to the Lu family.'' He added.

''What is the plan this time, Lihua's uncle?'' He asked her uncle.

Another chapter lovely readers.

Guess what!!!!!!

RSTCV ranks 1st in the villainess tag out of 2.43k stories

Thank you soooo much.

As usual I will give a mini mass updates.

Enjoy!!!!

Oh yes, Do you like the way I wrote 3rd POV & 1st POV in the same chapter but divided by this **** ?

Please give your honest thoughts 'cause it will help me a lot.