Meeting the Lu Branch family (5)

''Brother, Father is wondering why cousin and President Lin is standing at the entrance." Lu Rouxi swiftly joined the conversation between Lu Bowen and Lu Zihan.

She stared pointedly at her brother before looking at Lu Bowen with a smile. ''It's been a while, cousin.''

Staring at the darkened hazel-colored eyes, Lu Rouxi felt uncomfortable with them on her figure and slightly avoided Lu Bowen's gaze. Before her father gave her a signal, she stepped in and could tell that things would have gotten out of control if she had not spoken in time. Lu Rouxi is aware of the bad blood between the main family and branch family and also the deep hatred that her brother has for Lu Bowen, her cousin.

'Why do I have to babysit him?' Disdain flashed in her eyes as she thoughts of her dumb brother who felt he was above everyone else just because their father was supposed to be the President.

'He does not know how people are looking at him just because he stopped Cousin and President Lin.' Lu Rouxi really felt like shouting at her brother for being a fool.

''It is also nice to meet you, president Lin,'' She greeted the beautiful Lin Lihua, and amazement flashed in her eyes. She did not expect the latter to be more beautiful this close.

Lu Rouxi had seen many types of beauties. She is aware that some beauties shine from afar but are not as beautiful as one would expect from a close distance and that some beauties shine from a close distance but are not noticed until one faces them closely.

'I can see why she hates her.' She caught Lin Jiali staring at Lin Lihua with envy, hatred, and many negative emotions.

'She's too beautiful to ignore,' Lu Rouxi knew that if she had grown up with Lin Jiali's mentality, she would have also been staring at Lin Lihua the same way.

'But I am tired of everything. I am tired of my role.' She thought of her life till now. Being ordered to act a certain way to project a loving family, a caring and innocent sister, and a lovely daughter when she knew all that glitters is not gold. The image she projected was false, and what was behind it was the direct opposite.

'Why can't you look at me the same way you look at Brother?' She remembered the times when her father stared at her with no love or positive emotion. It was like she was an object in his eyes, and she knew that. She knew her status in the family would always come after her brother in their father's eyes.

The only time she would see a positive emotion in his eyes would be when she acts the right way according to his orders.

'I have always wanted a male child, but it seems you will do. A girl can bring connection from another family, and it would have been nice if the firstborn of the Lin family was a boy.' Her five-year-old stared at her father, who mercilessly spoke to her like it was nothing. Even if she was a child then, she would never forget the look on her father and his words. Like, she was never meant to be born, and it hurts when she realizes the meaning behind those words.

'I wish you were born later, and I would have begged father to have arranged an engagement with the young master of the main Lin family,' She remembered another set of hurtful words during a family meal in her teenage years. Her eyes stung when he finished, and her brother did not bother to do anything. It's like he agreed with their father's words.

'I thought fathers and brothers loved the girl of their family, but apparently, mine did not. Instead, they prefer me as their tool, a business tool for use and could be discarded at any time by them.' Lu Rouxi knew her father and brother did not have feelings towards her and her mother, so she would not have any expectations.

''It is also nice to meet you, Young miss Lu,'' Lin Lihua's voice made to put away the sad memories and focus on the present.

''I really have to say, brother is certainly right about your appearance,'' She smiled like an innocent person who agreed with her big brother's words. It was her role in the family. To cheer, help and support her brother whenever needed, like a babysitter when it was supposed to be the opposite.

''Cousin, do not mind my brother's words. He actually missed you a lot, but he has a certain way of showing his affection,'' Lu Rouxi made her voice a little louder as she spoke to Lu Bowen for the neighboring guests to hear. Her words would eventually pass around, and her brother would not suffer any loss. Her words would also make her father happy.

''Yes, Bowen, forgive me if I said anything to offend you,'' Lu Zihan almost gritted his teeth in anger at his words. He angrily cursed Lu Bowen in his mind.

''...Hmm,'' Lu Bowen did not make things for this second cousin of his and played along. Anyway, He was not here to fight with Lu Zihan but for his fiancée and their night together.

''Thank you,'' Lu Rouxi knew her cousin must have known what was going on in their family and would not make things difficult for her.

'He must know about father and brother's plan,' She felt her thoughts were right. 'And I would not warn them.'

For someone like her father and brother, she knew any words of warning from herself or her mother would fall on deaf ears. They would feel she does not have a voice in the family.

'When the time of their failures come, I would plead to cousin to escape with mother. Another country with a new identity would be nice,' Lu Rouxi planned, knowing that her cousin would not be harsh in punishing her and her mother for whatever they did not commit.

'Sometimes, I wished I was his sister.' She was sad to have not been born into her third uncle's family. The affectionate and natural interaction between her cousin and Lin Lihua told her a lot. Her cousin was not the same as her father and brother, who saw women as an object to obey their bidding.

'My life would have been better with him, but being sad would not change anything.' She accepted the painful reality and returned her attention to Lin Lihua, who had been staring at her for quite some time. 'I can also use her for my plans to escape with mother. Either way, they are significantly better than father and brother.'

'Hopefully, their downfall would not be long,' Lu Rouxi hoped whatever plans her father and brother had for Lu Bowen would fail so she and her mother could be free.

Here's another chapter. This chapter is about Lu Rouxi's backstory.

Enjoy and Post soon on thursday.