Lu Bowen in the Office (1)

The presenter from the gaming side of the company spoke, ''With this, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to conclude my presentation.''

I circled some words on the papers scattered on the long conference table as the person finished her presentation.

Not a word was uttered from my mouth as I continued scribbling and highlighting words on the paper.

 ''You can sit down,'' I said after writing the last sentence. 

My eyes moved to the lady before continuing my work.

''Next,'' I ordered as Li Min put another batch of papers neatly arranged at my front.

I took the first paper and read the heading before narrowing my eyes at the words.

'Hudson Car investment, '

My eyes stared at those words in hatred as this investment was associated with Mu Bochen in my previous life.

A rising car company that has potential but with risks, many risks, the Lu corporation decided to invest in the company, and they succeeded in my previous life.

But Before that success, their investments almost failed thanks to me, with the mastermind, Mu Bochen.

Mu Bochen hated Lu Bowen in my previous life, but I didn't know the cause of his hatred.

He tried to make Lu Bowen fall to the bottom but gave up when he saw his failures against him. It seems he realized the difference between himself and Lu Bowen.

Mu Bochen made me bribe the assistant of the car company's president.

The investment, which should be in Lu's corporation's pocket, came into his.

I didn't know how he did that, but I suspected a spy was in the Lu corporation.

When the scheme came to light, I took the blame as the mastermind.

I thought with me taking his crime, he could reciprocate my love, but it wasn't in the end.

What did I get?

I gained another black stain on my reputation and people's hatred without knowing the real story.

But one person did.

Lu Bowen knew the truth, and how did he know?

I do not know till this present life.

But I learned one thing in that life. Success comes with obstacles either you tackle them or give up without effort.

I was lucky to be born rich, but before the Lin family became prominent, I am sure my ancestor started from scratch and made it through the obstacles without giving up.

Those Obstacles can be people's hatred from their envy, or they hate you for having more than them.

Foolishness can be the cause of your downfall like it was mine in my previous life.

My ancestors weren't foolish, and their descendants are enjoying the fruit of their labor.

I am sure my parents worked hard to sustain and give the success of the Lin family to BiaoBiao and me, and we could pass it on to our descendants.

''Miss President,''

''Miss President,'' Li Min's voice pulled me out of my reverie.

I blinked to focus on the present.

''Are you okay, Miss?'' She asked worriedly.

''I am fine, Just thinking,'' I replied, looking at the people in the conference room.