Jing Hebe

''Miss Lin!'' the flowery voice excitedly talked. ''Principal Cheng always talked about you when I go to his office to collect my results.''

The person talked like she didn't notice the tension in the group.

''He mentioned how you excelled in high school despite learning online.'' I released Lin Fenhua's arm and turned to face her.

Her light chestnut hair swayed as her dark brown eyes twinkled at me, just like in my previous life.

She turned to Lin Jiali and her lips formed into a cute pout. ''Jiali, I didn't know your cousin was Miss Lin Lihua, and you didn't tell me.''

I turned to leave, not wanting to stay in this fake woman's company any longer, but she stopped me again.

''Wait...Miss Lin Lihua, my name is Jing Hebe, and I am a friend of Lin Jiali. I have always wanted to meet...you.'' Her cheeks flushed red, making her countenance more stunning and appealing.

Her anxious fidgeting and eyes peering from the ground to my face make me appear of importance to her.

However, her series of actions were all too familiar to me.

Of course, I recognize her.

Why won't I know the name and face of one of my murderers in my previous life?

The White Lotus.

The person behind almost all of the schemes in my previous life.

'Should I dispatch Han chi to kill her?'

'Or should I drug her with aphrodisiacs and send a server to rape her?'

'Maybe I should pressure the people who want her in the entertainment industry to abandon her.'

'Should I dupe her into signing a contract with that heinous movie star?'

All these wicked thoughts ran through my head. And they happened to me in my past life.

Was everything planned?

Yes, they were. And the culprit was this lady beaming in front of me.

Jing Hebe.

Her smile faltered, and she flinched when I turned back to face her. It appeared I failed to control my facial expression.

'Calm down, Lihua,'

'Calm down,' I told myself repeatedly.

I briefly closed my eyes before looking at Jing Hebe.

''Miss Jing, It is nice to meet you,'' I said, ''But if you excuse me, I have to leave.''

''Wait...'' She attempted to stop me again, but I ignored her and motioned for Lin Fenhua to leave the hall.

------

"Do you know her?" Lin Fenhua asked as the car started to move.

'Yes, she was one of my murderers,' but I couldn't say that.

"No, why do you ask?" Through the tinted window, I observed the various cars that passed by ours.

"Don't act like you don't know why I asked," I could feel his gaze on the side of my face as I continued to face the window with my head resting on the seat.

Of course, I am aware.

I avoided Jing Hebe because I couldn't control how much hatred I felt for her.

More than Mu Bochen, I despised her, but also myself for falling for her deceptive schemes.

How did I know she was behind all those schemes?

I found out on my deathbed. All the incidents came flooding back, and the warning signs were there.

Jing Hebe supported Lin Jiali and Mu Bochen in destroying my reputation and well-being, just as Lin Bingwen assisted his father in scheming for the Lin Company.

And I hate to admit it, but she is very sharp in her schemes

"I guess I dislike people who lie to themselves about their admiration for me," I said to Lin Fenhua as I closed my eyes to block out the terrible memories.

If my death hadn't been for my previous life, I would have believed Jing Hebe's admiration for me.

''It appears I wasn't the only one who thought she was strange," Lin Fenhua said with a sly chuckle.

"Be cautious of her, Since she is friends with the branch family." He warned.

I hummed ''Hmmm.''

He didn't need to say when my previous life was an example.

----

Before heading to the Lin Family mansion, Driver Zhao dropped Lin Fenhua off at his apartment.

Despite living in the mansion of the Lin Family for seven years before getting an apartment, Lin Fenhua prefers to spend most of his time with BiaoBiao and me.

"Welcome back, Miss," Chen Lin greeted me with a bow as I exited the car.

The maids lined up behind her and imitated her action.

"Hmmm," I nodded at Chen Li before thanking Driver Zhao for opening the car door. "Thank you."

He responded with a smile before getting into his car and driving it to the garage.

"Sis," BiaoBiao, in his pajamas, called me, and it shocked me to see him still awake. 

"Why are you not asleep?" I asked.

The banquet began in the evening, and Lin Fenhua and I left the mansion at 8:30 p.m.

The drive from the mansion to the banquet hall takes thirty minutes. It should be around 9:30 or later right now.

BiaoBiao stuck out his tongue before grumbling, ''How can I sleep when we have an unexpected guest?''

''And I don't like the guest,'' He added with frown.

''Who is it?'' I was curious about the person who came to the Lin Family mansion at this hour of the night.

I am pretty sure it's not the branch family because I just got back from their banquet. Lin Fenhua is in his apartment, and Lin Biao regards Lin Fenhua as a brother.

That leaves only one person.

''Is it Fang Weiyi?'' I couldn't think of anyone who would do this other than him.

''No, he came but left not too long ago.'' Lin Biao shook his head.

''Then who?'' I wondered as I walked to the mansion's entrance and opened the door to see the night visitor.

'Who else would come at this time?' I pondered.

''My Hua,'' A familiar deep voice made me freeze, and my eyes widened at the sight of the handsome man seated.

A pair of grinning hazel-colored eyes met my startled blue eyes.

Only one person would call me that.

''Bowen,'' I whispered his name as my hand slid erratically off the doorknob.

Another chapter, dear readers.

Enjoy and Post soon next week.😘

Merry Christmas dear readers.🎅🎅🎅