The Invasion: Part 1

Brooke's POV:

After Karai's mutation into a snake, she went off the grid. Now, Casey & Raph are looking through a specific part of town for her while the rest of us are huddled up in Donnie's lab to prepare for the inevitable alien invasion.

Mikey: "I'm so worried, I can't even eat!"

Splinter: "You have a right to be concerned. The Kraang invasion is imminent. What plans have you devised to stop it?"

Donnie: "I give you my latest invention, the Turtle Mech! It's fully armed with rockets, flamethrowers, and an electro-harpoon. Guaranteed to stop a massive Kraang invasion army, or your money back."

Mikey: "Giant robots are awesome! I vote Turtle Mech."

Leo: "But that thing's not even ready. It could damage New York more than help it!"

Donnie: "It's ready, enough."

Leo: "There's gotta be another way. We need to establish a second base outside the city."

Me: "I might have a place. April told me our family has an old farmhouse miles away from civilization. There's a convenience store down the road if we ever need to restock on supplies, and there's nothing but clear skies and woods for miles."

Leo: "Sounds like a plan."

Donnie: "Yeah, but for now, the Turtle Mech is stable. If I were leader, I-"

Leo: "But you're not leader, Donnie. Brooke & I are."

Splinter: "Enough! Your egos fight one another when we should be preparing to fight the Kraang."

Leo and I leave the room, Donnie following us to drag out his argument further.

Donnie: "Leo, the Turtle Mech is our only answer. Be reasonable."

Leo: "I am being reasonable."

Then, April rushes in with another girl.

April: "Guys! I'm sorry about this. But, Foot-bots were after us, and Irma here is really good at keeping secrets. Right, Irma?"

Suddenly, Irma starts twitching uncontrollably.

Me: "Uh, Irma, I know this seems a bit...odd. But, I can explain-"

Suddenly, Irma transforms to reveal that she's a Kraang-droid.

Kraang Subprime: "Lowly insects, kneel before the genius of Kraang Sub-Prime, greatest Kraang spy in all of Dimension X! The discovery of the lair was the final component needed to launch full scale invasion!"

Mikey: "April, you gotta pick your friends more carefully."

Then, a portal opens in the living room, allowing dozens of Kraang-droids into our formerly secret lair.

April: "This is so messed up! My best friend for the past year was a Kraang?"

Kraang Subprime: "Fooled you! Fooled you all! Destroy the Turtles! Wipe out the lair! But the rat comes with us."

Splinter is separated from us by the Irma-droid, while the rest of us take cover however and wherever we can.

Splinter: "Go! Escape! I will hold them off."

Leo: "We're not leaving you!"

Splinter: "I have a plan! Go now!"

Donnie: "Come on! Head for the Shellraiser!"

Suddenly, a missile is fired, rendering the Shellraiser useless.

Donnie: "My baby!"

Me: "Everyone, this way!"

I lead us deeper into the sewers.

April: "This is all my fault! I led them straight to the lair."

Mikey: "Don't blame yourself, April. You were just trying to help a friend."

Then, we come to a fork in the road.

Donnie: "Let's go left. That'll lead us to the Turtle Mech."

Leo: "No, we gotta find Raph & Casey first."

Donnie: "We can find them in the Mech!"

Leo: "It's too slow!"

Donnie: "You're the one who's too slow. You're leading us into disaster."

Leo: "I'm doing what Splinter would want us to do."

Suddenly, a group of Kraang-droids appears through another portal.

Me: "Donnie, you're in charge! Take the others, and go left. Leo & I will lead them away."

Mikey: "We can't leave you, too!"

Leo: "Just do it!"

Leo & I lead the droids down the tunnel on the right while the others go down the left one to find Raph & Casey. Mikey calls Leo on his T-Phone, while Raph calls me on mine.

Me: "Now's not a good time."

Raph: "Where are you guys?"

If I tell him the whole truth, he'll insist on coming down to fight. So, give him part of the truth, and hope for the best.

Me: "The team's headed for April's apartment. Meet them there. And, Raph, whatever happens, we did our best. Ok?"

Raph (Translation): "Yeah, ok. See you soon. Aishitemasu." (I love you.)

Me: "Watashi mo anata o aishiteimasu, Raphael. For better or worse?" (I love you too)

Raph: "For better or worse."

I end the call as Leo gives me a solemn look.

Me: "Look, if I told him where we are-"

Leo: "No, I get it. Whatever it takes to keep the team safe."

As a group of droids walks by, we leap up to hide in the sewer pipes above.

Kraang: "Hurry, Kraang. We must obtain the Turtles for the one called Shredder."

Leo & I: *whispered* "Shredder?"

That must be why they needed Splinter alive. Leo & I rush to the surface to hold him off before he can get to Splinter. We eventually run into a group of Foot-bots that herd us into a clearing for our fight. Once we defeat them, we can't help but feel like we're being watched. We look up to find Fishface, Rahzar, Tiger Claw, & Shredder.

TO BE CONTINUED