Panic in the Sewers: Part 1

{A/N: I'm skipping over 'The Gauntlet' since I don't see Brooke's presence in it having any significant changes}
Brooke's POV:

Tonight's the same as every other night. Another nightly patrol of the city. But, just as we're about to head out of the lair, Splinter approaches us with a severe look. He seems like something's wrong with him.

Splinter: "Where are you going?"

Me: "Heading out for their evening patrol."

Splinter: "There will be no patrol."

Leo: "Sensei?"

Splinter: "Last time you fought the Shredder, you barely escaped with your lives."

Raph approaches Splinter with a confident grin.

Raph: "But Sensei, next time we'll be ready"

Splinter pulls Raph into an arm lock to further prove his point.

Splinter: "Yes, because you will stay down here until you are ready. No patrol, no games, no rest. There is only training."

Splinter shoves Raph over to us as the guys look at him in fear.

Splinter: "Starting now!"

I nod in understanding. We're both worried for the team's safety and Splinter's taking action in the way he believes is best for us.

{Time skip}

So, here we are, having trained for weeks on end. The others all seem exhausted, but I could do this all day. I have to do this all day. If Shredder wants to hurt my family, he'll have to go through me. After sparring with each of the turtles, I practice my combat moves on my own, attacking the air in front of me with kicks, punches, and striking my kamas through the air. Meanwhile, the guys spar one-on-one.

Mikey: "More, Sensei?"

Splinter: "Yes, more!"

Donnie rushes to attack Leo while Mikey goes for Raph. Leo & Raph each grab the arm of their attacker and lazily flip them over their shoulders onto the ground.

Splinter: "There is no intention in your strikes. Do it again! We will practice all night if we have to."

Donnie stands as he, Raph, & Leo turn to face Splinter.

Donnie: "We have been practicing all night."

We all notice that Mikey has fallen asleep on the ground, mumbling in his state of slumber with a smile.

Mikey: "Pizza, mmm."

I snicker as Splinter gives the command to Raph.

Splinter: "Wake him up!"

Raph cracks his knuckles with a sly grin.

Raph: "Gladly."

I never stop my movements or shift my gaze to focus on anything but the space in front of me as I speak in a warning tone with a slight grin.

Me: "Raph, play nice."

Raph: "By all means, princess, knock yourself out."

I speak loudly enough for everyone, including Mikey, to hear me.

Me: "Anybody order a pizza with jellybeans, anchovies, and jalapeños?"