Parasitica: Part 2

Brooke's POV:

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of insects. But they've always given me the creeps, and Raph understands, given that he shares the same problem. The wasp flies in to pin Raph to the table, only to be hit by Donnie's bo staff. We take shelter behind a nearby shelf to work something out.

Leo: "We need a plan, and fast."

Mikey: "I know. I'll catch him with my kusarigama chain."

Leo: "That wasp is too strong. How about this? Mikey, you get him to chase you and we'll ambush him."

Mikey: "Why don't we ever do my plans?"

Me: "Your time will come, Mikey. For now, just work with Leo on this. Please?"

Mikey: "Fine."

Mikey rushes out into the open, and the wasp gives chase.

Raph: "He's really turned running away screaming into an art form."

Me: "Ignoring that for your sake, let's go!"

As we leap to hold the wasp to the ground, Mikey goes rogue with his original plan.

Mikey: "How you like me now?"

As Leo predicted, the wasp proves too strong for Mikey and drags him around to whack us against the wall.

Raph: "A lot less than I did a few seconds ago."

The wasp approaches Leo from behind and detaches its stinger into his arm before dropping to the ground dead.

Leo: "Thanks a lot, Mikey."

Mikey: "Heh. Sorry, dude."

Donnie takes the stinger out of Leo's arm.

Me: "You ok?"

Leo: "Pretty sore, but I think I'll be fine."

Donnie: "Mutations are generally anthropomorphic. I've never seen mutagen create giants like this before."

Leo walks over to the other side of the room to find a wasp's egg.

Mikey: "Stand back. I'll handle this."

Mikey swings his nunchucks to destroy the egg, but Leo holds him back.

Leo: "Wait! We're not hurting it. We came here to find what the Kraang are up to, and this egg is our only clue. We should take it back to the lab and let Donnie analyze."

Raph: "Great idea. Let's take the mutant wasp egg into our home where we live. What's the worst that could happen?"

Leo: "It's not safe leaving this around. It'll be fine. I'll just keep an eye on it."

Mikey: "I'll get it."

Leo: "Hands off!"

Raph: "Dude, are you all right? 'Cause unmotivated bursts of anger are kind of my thing."

Me: "Kind of?"

Raph glances at me with a smirk.

Leo: "It's just that the egg could be fragile. Michelangelo cannot be trusted with it. I'll carry it myself."

Leo walks off with the egg in his arms as we follow after him.

Mikey: "I'm beginning to think he likes that egg more than me."

Raph: "Well, the egg talks less than you, so there's that."

{Time skip}

Raph: "I got a really bad feeling about keeping that thing in the lair."

Leo: "Raphael, think of all we could learn from it."

Raph: "You know what's inside wasp eggs, right? Here's a hint: wasps!"

Mikey: "That's not a hint, dude. You gave it away."

Raph & I turn to Donnie, who shrugs his shoulders as we walk into the lab. Leo carefully places the egg in a beanbag chair, and Donnie leans in for a closer look.

Donnie: "Fascinating."

Donnie pulls out a small knife to cut through it, but Leo stops him.

Leo: "Stop! What are you doing?"

Donnie: "Dissecting it."

Leo pushes Donnie away from the egg.

Leo: "Absolutely not! This is the only egg we have. We need to learn how it develops."

Donnie: "Well, then I guess I'll just keep staring at it."

Leo: "Good idea. From over there."

Donnie takes a step back before Leo tightens his gaze, causing him to back up further toward us as Leo turns to kneel before the egg.

Donnie: "Well, I think I will do something in the other room. Raph, Mikey, Brooke, care to join me?"

Mikey: "Not unless you get more specific."

Donnie yanks Mikey out of the room by the tails of his mask, with Raph & I following them into the kitchen.

Donnie: "Ok, Leo's acting totally weird, right?"

Raph: "Yeah. It's like he's obsessed with that egg."

Mikey: "Let's ask Splinter what to do."

Donnie: "No dice, guys. Looks like he took April out for a training exercise."

Raph: "Ok, look, we gotta destroy the egg before it hatches."

Me: "But how do we do that when Leo won't leave it alone for one second?"

Mikey: "Well, maybe, we make him come to us."

TO BE CONTINUED