Karai's Vendetta: Part 1

{A/N: I'm skipping over 'Enemy of My Enemy' since I don't see Brooke's presence having any significant changes}

Brooke's POV:

April's practicing basic self-defense moves against me while the guys are each in a one-on-one training session. Splinter walks over to us and directs our heads forward to watch Mikey take Raph down.

Mikey: "Booyakasha! You got faced! Thought you had me, but I played you like a trombone."

Mikey turns his back briefly, and Raph rises to put him in a chokehold.

Mikey: "Put me down! Enough! Uncle!"

Raph: "I don't see you tapping out."

Mikey: "I can't move my arms."

Ok, we've seen this before. Don't pull rank on him. This will all be over soon.

Raph: "Then, tap your horrible, disgusting middle toe."

All right, that's enough.

Me: "Raph, put him down. Now."

Raph raises his arms in relent, dropping Mikey to the ground as he consoles his feet.

Mikey: "Don't worry, Stubby. You're not as horrible as he says."

I look to Splinter for help, and he nods before walking toward Mikey.

Splinter: "Michelangelo, why did you give up so easily?"

Mikey: "There was nothing I could do."

Splinter (Translation): "There is always something you can do. Observe. Raphael, kannuki jime." (Grab me from behind.)

Raph grabs Splinter from behind and tries to lift him off the ground.

Splinter: "The key is to unbalance your opponent."

Mikey: "But how?"

Splinter: "However you can. For example-"

Splinter turns his head to lick the side of Raph's. He lets go, and Splinter whacks him to the ground with his tail. Splinter and I share a laugh.

Me: "See? There's always a way."

Splinter: *to Raph* "Blech, and you need to take a bath."

I laugh as I kneel before Raph.

Raph: "Ugh, what happened to never pulling rank?"

Me: "Hey, I held off for as long as I could. Besides, you had that coming."

Raph: "You're lucky I love you."

Me: "You must've hit your head pretty hard. You've got that backward."

I kiss his cheek and walk away, high-fiving April as I head off to my & Raph's room.

{Time skip}

Raph & I are sitting on the couch, him feeding Spike and me filling out Donnie's latest homework assignment, while Leo & Mikey sit on the ground watching Space Heroes. That's when Donnie steps out of the lab with an announcement.

Donnie: "Hey, guys. Guess what April and I have been up to. That's right! Analyzing sewage."

Raph: "Who says you don't know how to show a girl a good time?"

We walk into the lab as Donnie carries a beaker full of green liquid.

Donnie: "April & I were going through some files on the Kraang storage device. We found out that they're using a special process to change Earth's water into Kraang water."

April: "They've already started the process. We found a low concentration of Kraang chemicals in the sewage."

Raph: "And I take it that's a bad thing."

Donnie: "Watch what happens when I dip this slice of Mikey's shrimp and sardine pizza into pure Kraang water."

Donnie dips the slice into the water, and it disintegrates within seconds.

Mikey: "How do you sleep at night?"

Donnie: "Presently, there's only a tiny bit in the water supply, but the concentration is increasing, which means-"

Mikey: "Every slice of pizza in New York will be destroyed?"

Me: "Along with anyone who uses water."

Mikey: "I don't wanna live in a world without pizza."

Mikey pulls the pizza box out from under the beaker, causing a few drops to splash onto my and April's arms. But to our surprise-

Donnie: "Nothing happened to you."

Mikey: "Maybe it's 'cause they're not made out of pizza."

Suddenly, Donnie's computer begins beeping.

Donnie: "The scanner's located the Kraang facility transforming the water supply. We gotta stop it!"

Leo: "Looks like we got a mission. You coming, April?"

April: "Sounds like a blast, but unfortunately, it's on the bottom of the East River, and equally unfortunately I have an essay due. Plus, I wouldn't mind a little human food."

Mikey: "Pizza's human food."

April: "Not the way you eat it."

April starts to walk off, much to Donnie's chagrin.

Donnie: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're going topside? You got your T-phone right?"

April: "Donnie, don't worry. I'll be fine. If I need anything, I'll call Brooke."

Me: "So, Donnie, how are we gonna get out there?"

Donnie smiles in pride at his latest technological development.

Donnie: "Don't worry, guys. I've been working on something that is pretty awesome."

TO BE CONTINUED