Turtle Temper: Part 1

Brooke's POV:

Right now, my brothers and I are standing on the rooftop of an apartment building overlooking the city. Donnie, Leo, & I are standing at the edge. Donnie's looking through a telescope at a nearby building. Meanwhile, Mikey & Raph are sitting in the center of the rooftop. Mikey is laughing as he constantly pokes at the top of Raph's head as Raph swats his hand away. A little while ago, April told Donnie & I that this was the next location that the Kraang would strike. So, here we are, each of us growing more impatient by the second. I decide to keep an eye on Raph & Mikey in case I need to intervene between the two.

Leo: "Anything?"

Donnie: "Nothing yet."

After one too many pokes to his head, Raph grabs Mikey's hand and squeezes it a bit too hard. Mikey lets out a cry of pain as Leo turns to face them with an annoyed glare.

Leo: "Guys, when ninjas are on surveillance, they're supposed to be silent."

Mikey: "Sorry Leo. I'll scream quieter."

Not having learned his lesson, Mikey pokes at Raph's head one more time before Raph grabs Mikey's arm and throws him over his head to the other side of the rooftop. Raph then pounces on top of Mikey as he held onto him, while Mikey struggled in resistance.

Me: "Raph, ease up. You know he's just trying to get under your skin. Even though he knows better than that, Mikey!"

Raph turns to me with a shrug.

Raph: "Sorry, princess. Guy's gotta learn his lesson somehow."

I then turn to face Mikey as I mouthed a 'sorry' to him. He nods in understanding. We both know what would happened if one of us tried to pry him off of Mikey. He'd just keep his anger pent up inside before he blows his top at an inopportune moment.

Raph: "Say it!"

Leo: "Raph, be quiet!"

Raph: "Not til Mikey says it."

Me: "I'll handle this, Leo. You & Donnie just concentrate on the target."

Leo turns to me with a nod before turning to match Donnie's gaze. As leaders, Leo & I have each learned to put more trust in the other's judgement. If I say that I can handle a situation, he lets me do what I believe is necessary to the situation.

Me: "Mikey, little bro, please say what Raph wants to hear and I'll let you borrow my book that you've had your eye on. Cross my heart, ok? On a separate note, Raph, one of these days we need to find something else to take your mind off your anger. Deal?"

They both nod in agreement as Mikey begins to recite the words Raph had made him repeat countless times before.

Mikey: "Raphael is all-wise and powerful. And he's better than me in every possible way. And I'm a lowly worm beneath his feet, who isn't fit to live on the same planet as him, because he's so amazing and I'm a dirt clod."

As Mikey takes a breath to continue, I interject.

Me: "Raph, enough! Let him up! Now!"

They both obey my words with rapid speed as they, along with Leo & Donnie, gulp in fear. Younger sister or not, if they hear me speak in a tone that resembled Raph's, they know better than to disregard my words. Sometimes I forget how alike he & I are, given how much time we spend together. I mutter an apology, as Leo reassures me that I did what was necessary.