Karai's Vendetta: Part 3

Brooke's POV:

We leap out of the way and try to take it down with each of our weapons. It grabs Raph by the tails of his mask and lifts him over its mouth until I swoop in to get him on solid ground.

Donnie: "We've only got 30 seconds before that blaster explodes!"

Leo: "Uh, guys, any ideas?"

Donnie: "Well, let's see. We're cornered by an amphibious sea monster in an underwater base that's about to blow up. I'm out."

Mikey & I share a look before hopping onto the back of the monster's neck like riding a horse. Mikey holds us up by placing the chain of his nunchucks through the monster's mouth and yanks it over to a lever to close up the hatch.

Me: "Whoo! Always wanted to try that!"

The monster gets stuck, and everyone but Mikey rushes out.

Donnie: "Mikey, that victory dance better not last more than 4 seconds!"

Mikey quickly dances before following us as we hop into the Turtle-Sub.

Raph: "Huh. That wasn't such a chore now, was it?"

Donnie: "Great, now we can get back go-"

Donnie & I: "Are you kidding me?!"

Somehow, the monster escaped the hatch and is now charging toward us.

Me: "Boys, start pedaling!"

Leo: "Donnie, can you make this thing go faster?"

Donnie: "Of course I can."

Donnie activates the engines, but they fly off into the ocean.

Mikey: "Wow, that is fast."

Donnie: "Pedal faster!"

Mikey: "Feelin' the burn!"

The monster knocks into us, grabbing hold of the Turtle-Sub from above.

Donnie: "That's it. It's got us. We're gonna die!"

The monster then begins bellowing. Huh, almost like it's-Oh, sewer apples! The guys' eyes all widen at the idea.

Raph: "Ugh! Oh, ick! Ugh!"

Mikey: "Hey, we're not that kind of sub!"

Leo pulls a lever to deploy smoke bombs as we escape.

{Time skip}

Once we reach the sewers, we leap out as Donnie calls April again.

Donnie: "Come on, April. Come on, April! April, you're ok! You hear that, guys? My sweet princess is alive!"

We all groan as we remind him that he never muted that. A few minutes later, April tells us how she fought and escaped from Karai.

April: "And when her guard was down, I flipped her down the subway steps and bolted!"

Donnie: "That is awesome!"

Mikey: "You rock!"

Me: "Nice!"

Raph: "Kicked butt!"

Splinter: "Impressive, April. You used your training well, and you fulfilled the most important goal of the ninja. To come home alive."

April: "Thank you, Sensei. Looks like I can take care of myself after all."

Splinter: "Yes, and no."

April: "Huh?"

Splinter: "Karai may have failed this time, but if Shredder wants you, he will stop at nothing to find you. And with the Kraang after you as well, the wisest decision is for you to remain here in the sewer with us."

April: "What?"

Donnie: "Oh, that's great! I mean, oh, that's horrible. That, you know, your life as you know it is over and, um-I'll shut up now."

April: "I can't stay down her. I mean, what about school, my friends, everything?"

April sits across from us with a sigh.

Me: "Hey, it won't be so bad. You can stay in my old room, we'll increase your training as a precaution, and Donnie's a great tutor."

I nudge Donnie's arm, who smiles before Leo speaks up.

Leo: "April, until we stop Shredder & the Kraang, this is the only place you're safe."

April: *sighs* "So once we stop them, I can have my life back?"

Leo & I: "Yes."

April dons a determined look.

April: "Let's get started."

Oh, I so pity the dude who backs her into a corner in our next fight.

End of Episode 21