Rise of the Turtles: Part 1

Things are quiet in the streets of New York City. However, in the underground, this peace won't last. For our heroes are about to embark on an adventure that will forever change their lives. Changes that will prove to be both good & bad, depending on the varying circumstances. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, and begin this story where it should.  The day that the world grows to be bigger than ever imagined by the heroes, & heroine, of our story.

Brooke's POV:

My brothers are standing in front of one another in preparation for tonight's sparring match. Leo was assigned to oppose Mikey, Donnie to oppose Raph, all while I sit on the sidelines. Master Splinter decided that whomever was the last man standing after both of their battles would challenge me in a fight. I like to think he's saving his best fighter for last. Then again, that's probably Raph's ego rubbing off on me after fighting by his side for 10 years. Each of them give their opponents a hardened glare as Leo & Mikey leap into action against one another. Leo swings his blades as he goes to strike Mikey, while the latter approaches him with a swing of his nunchucks.

Leo: "Yah!"

Mikey: "Oh, yeah! Michelangelo is on the move!"

Leo: "Hyah!"

Even as Leo repeatedly dodges Mikey's attacks, he can't help but taunt our blue-clad brother.

Mikey: "You don't know what to do. I'm here, I'm there. I could be anywhere. How do you stop what you can't even see?"

Eventually, Leo puts this taunting to an end as he spins his sword, the handle hitting Mikey in the stomach as he doubles over in pain. Leo faces his defeated opponent with a cocky grin as he replies to his brother's rhetorical question.

Leo: "Like that."

As Mikey groans in pain, he raises a finger in recognition of both his defeat, and his brother's way of returning his previous taunting.

Mikey: "Good one, Leo."

Me: "Nice move, blue boy!"

Leo turns to me with a grateful smile.

Leo: "Thanks, sis. Hopefully you won't lose that smile when I defeat you at last."

Me: "We shall see."

While Splinter has trained us exceptionally well, there are times when I'm the last man, or woman, standing in these matches. Nonetheless, the bond I share with my brothers has never weakened or faded, nor will it ever.

Meanwhile, Raph & Donnie prepare to spar against one another. Raph's ego is evident as he speaks while cracking his neck.

Raph: "All right, Donnie. Put down the staff and no one gets hurt."

Donnie: "Uh, you said that last time, Raph, and then you hurt me."

Raph: "Yeah, but less than I would have."

Donnie & I: "Yeah, right."

Raph turns to me with a sly grin & a wink.  He then turns to his opponent as Donnie runs towards him with a loud battle cry, gripping and swinging his staff. Unfortunately for him, Raph dodges every attack, right up until he grabs the staff, spins it once, and snaps it in two. Donnie's serious look changes to one full of fear and nerves.

Donnie: "Should've dropped the staff?"

Raph: "Should've dropped the staff."