I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman: Part 2

Brooke's POV:

While Leo, Donnie, Raph, & I are running along the rooftops of New York City, Mikey decides to travel via skateboard while listening to the T-Pod.

Mikey: "Hey, Donnie! Thanks for all the new songs!"

Donnie: "Wait, new songs?"

Leo turns to them with a look of seriousness.

Leo: "Keep it down, you guys!"

Donnie leaps to do a handstand, his hands gripping Mikey's shoulders for support. He looks to the T-pod's screen in surprise.

Donnie: "What the? It's got thousands of songs and it keeps downloading new ones every second."

I turn to give him an uneasy look.

Me: "I'm guessing by your tone that that wasn't what you programmed it to do."

Donnie shakes his head before he turns back to Mikey in realization.

Donnie: "It's that chip!"

Mikey yells over the music, ignorant of our worrisome tones.

Mikey: "Whatever it is, it's awesome!"

Leo: "Guys! We're ninjas remember? We move swiftly and, here's the important part, silently! Whoa!"

He turns to look ahead of him as he falls off the roof and into a greenhouse with a crash. We look over the edge of the roof at where Leo had fallen as Raph shouts a teasing remark to my fellow leader.

Raph: "That wasn't very silent, Leo."

We then turn to the left of Leo's path to see an open space, perfect for skating. Leo then leaps back up to the rooftops to stand beside me.

Mikey: "Let's grind it!"

We then spot a man in silver armor walking into an alley nearby.

Donnie: "Who the heck is that guy?"

Raph: "I don't know. But he needs a beatdown."

Me: "Hold on, Red. We don't know that he's gonna do anything wrong."

Leo nods in agreement.

Leo: "Brooke's right. He could be on his way to... church."

Raph: "Wearing powered battle armor? What kinda church is that?"

Mikey: "A really awesome one!"

The three of us facepalm before Leo speaks up on my behalf.

Leo: "Look, Brooke & I make the calls. We decide who needs a beatdown."

The man in the alley then attempts to break into the building on the left side of the alley.

Leo & I: "That guy needs a beatdown."

The five of us leap to stand behind him. The man starts crawling on the ground in search of something, causing us to give him looks of sympathy.

Donnie: "It's just kinda sad."

Mikey: "Yeah, I don't know if we should pound him or buy him an ice cream cone."

Leo pulls out his katana & aims it at the man.

Leo: "Halt, villain!"

The man freezes in place as Raph & I give Leo looks of confusion.

Me: "Halt, villain?"

Raph: "When did we start talking like that?"

Leo turns to us with a defensive look as he lowers his sword to the ground.

Leo: "We're heroes. That-that's how heroes talk."

Baxter: "You will feel the fury of my powered battle-"

The man turns to us in surprise.

Baxter: "Holy cow! You guys are turtles! Except for you, ma'am."

Leo raises his sword in the air as he speaks in a confident tone.

Leo: "That's right! We're the turtles & kunoichi of justice!"

Raph shakes his head in disbelief at Leo's choice of words.

Raph: "Wow. I mean just...Wow."

We lunge to fight him before Mikey signals for us to stop. He then hums as he places the T-pod & his headphones in his belt before pulling out his nunchucks and running to our side as we fight the guy. This fight doesn't last very long, given this guy's inexperience in an actual fight. Raph then tosses him into a garbage bin. As he goes to close the lid, the man starts a monologue.

Baxter: "You're not the first to ever throw me in the trash, but I swear that you will be the last-"

Before he finishes, Raph slams the lid over him as police sirens start getting closer to where we are.

Mikey: "Oh snap!"

Me: "Time to move, ninjas! Let's go, go, go!"

We the run off to the lair, Raph smirking at my 'take charge' attitude. Once we reach the sewers, the guys swim through the water to make sure Dad can't hear them, while I use the regular entrance to the lair. The guys then shake the water off, relieved that Dad was still asleep, which meant we weren't in any trouble.

Raph: "We made it home!"

Leo: "Shh! It's 2 AM."

Me: "Relax, Leo. Dad's sound asleep, and we stopped a robbery before it could happen."

Raph wraps an arm around my shoulder as he kisses my forehead in agreement before turning back to the others.

Raph: "Brooke's right. This was epic."

Leo: "It's not epic. It was a bad idea."

Raph: "No, it wasn't. We got out there and stopped a sleazeball. So, what's the problem?"

Before this fight gets any worse, I suggest that we all just need some sleep, and things will look better in the morning. The guys nod in agreement before walking off to their own separate rooms, while I decide to bunk with Raph for the night. It's late and his room's closer to the living room. As I plop onto the bed out of exhaustion, I quickly drift off to sleep as I feel Raph's arms wrap around me. I smile as we both drift further & further into a deep sleep. Hopefully, we'll all get enough so as not to show any signs of exhaustion in tomorrow's training exercises.

TO BE CONTINUED