Mazes & Mutants: Part 2

Brooke's POV:

Mikey: "What did he say? I don't speak Spanish, dude."

Malachi: "My name is Sir Malachi. I am the one who changeth your clue. I am the one who brought-eth you here. And I am the one who will reward-eth you. If you win the quest."

Me: "Win the quest?"

Malachi: "You five heroes must solveth the puzzles three. And defeat-eth the dragon, to free princess April. Then and only then will I releaseth you."

Malachi summons a bubble that shows an unconscious April wearing a crown. Leo & I hold Donnie back as he lunges forward with a look of anger, and Mikey dons his bow and arrow.

Donnie: "April? You have her? Why you, you-"

Mikey: "You let her go! Or I'll possess-eth your face-eth!"

Malachi: "If thou succeed-eth, I will free your princess. And send all of you safely back home. Fail and the dragon devours her. And thou will be trapped in the maze forever! Forever!"

Raph: "Well, maybe we don't wanna play your game."

Raph leaps forward to swing his axe, but Malachi disappears and reappears in a different place.

Malachi: "Thou will play for thine lives."

Malachi swings his wand around, releasing a pack of monkey goblins to chase after us. We fight them off, but Raph's having a little trouble, given he prefers sais over axes.

Raph: "This axe is impossible!"

Mikey: "You can't play like Raph the Ninja Turtle. You have to play like Raph the Dwarf Barbarian."

Raph: "Never should've agreed to be a dwarf."

Me: "He may have a point, babe. I'm not used to swinging a sword, but I make do. Just give it a shot, alright?"

Raph nods, and we leap back into action. We all corner the goblins, but they disappear in a puff of smoke.

Donnie: "What is going on? And where did those things come from?"

Leo: "No idea. But there's only one way out of here."

Raph: "We're not really gonna do this, are we?"

Me: "Unless you know another way out, we have to play Sir Malachi's game."

Mikey: "If this is a dungeon maze, it's probably loaded with traps, so watch your step. I never wanna see you get hurt, +1 Ring of Awesome. So shiny and beautiful. My magical source of power. My awesome."

Raph hits Mikey in the back of the head with his helmet.

Raph: "I'll give you a magical headache."

Mikey: *hisses*

Me: "Play nice, boys."

Finally, a vision of Malachi appears before us.

Malachi: "Wanderers, mine congratulations on solving the first puzzle. And now, for thy second riddle. A maze is like a brain, a dungeon is a mind. Make one slip, and you'll be forever left behind."

Mikey: "Can this get any weirder?"

Suddenly, the floor tiles we're standing on fall through to reveal a giant pit of molten lava. We pull ourselves back up as the answer to the riddle hits us.