Side Story 9

Ling was checking his mail when suddenly his heart felt light as he saw a familiar name; James Blakesley. It didn't take two seconds for him to open the mail and started walking back to his apartment.

Dearest Ling, 

I know you're probably worried about not being able to contact, truth be told I'm in a secluded area right now. I just wanted to be at a place that could clear my mind and free me for some time. Has not been easy, I've come to realize how much my thoughts were a danger to me, several times I wanted to give and say enough was enough.

The world would be better off without someone like me. I think about you a lot. The only thing that stopped most times is that if I could get better and stronger, maybe then I'd be strong enough to ask you out on a date with me. As I am now I cannot ask you. I don't want to hurt you and drag you into this unstable world that I am living in. 

I want see you smiled not worrying about me, I want to see you talk carelessly about your dreams your books and what you like, even now I can still hear your voice chattering endlessly, I want try out your pastry as I sit by the window corner reading a book and sometimes sneak a little peek at you while you work. 

Thinking about those pleasant memories makes life feel like there is something worth living for. I speak with a therapist, I'm taking on healthy habits, but sometimes I just feel like I should sleep and never wake up. 

But sometimes when I fall asleep I see her, that night blood. I see Johnny on the bed lifeless. I get nightmares of my son who I didn't even get to hold. I look back and sometimes blame myself. I should have waited so I didn't stress her out then divorce. Maybe if I had listened and not stressed her out our child would be here. 

I don't regret divorcing her, I regret losing our child. He was truly innocent in all this, but probably you wouldn't want a man with a child after all you said it yourself you don't want any children. 

I respect your free will and opinions so much, the way you're not afraid to talk about it in this judgmental society, I wanna be like you Ling, I wanna look ahead and say that's the future I want and aim for. So from small steps. 

I've decided to write my story "Dry winter" . I haven't published it yet nor am I finished but I'll keep sending you my progress. Or not, I'll send you a complete copy of the original when I'm finished for now. Can you tell me, do I still stand a chance at claiming your heart? 

Ling smiled, a tear fell down his eyes, he couldn't. He loves James regardless of how much time passes, breaking his heart he can't do. Ling wiped his eyes. He feels like a horrible person for what he is going to do. He furrowed his brow when he heard shuffling in his bathroom he went and opened the door.

As he opened he paused and saw Luther with his birth controls. There were two identical bottles in his hands he didn't know what the other one was and somehow he believes it's definitely not birth control.

"What are you doing?" 

Luther sighs there was no point in hiding it, "switching out your birth controls" he said casually 

Ling was speechless for some time, "why? Why would you do that?!" Ling yelled blankly 

"Isn't it obvious I want to make a family with you, we can get married before the baby is born we will be happ-" 

"What baby, I'm not your fucking incubator! I hate pregnancy!" Ling was livid 

"Calm down you might hurt our unborn child" Luther walks up to him gently to hold his hand 

Ling slapped him away before he could touch him, "this is a huge invasion of my personal boundaries and disrespect to my ideals you can go to jail!" 

"Don't be like that!"