chapter 20

Sharon didn't understand what he meant and didn't pressed the issue no more.

Parker again was alone and didn't know what to do so got to went to the balcony then he heard arguing.

"You not only couldn't make a decent pie come bring to the gathering but you also invited PARKER!, of all the people in the world" Ray argues.

"I wanted to see that he chan-"

"Changed! His divorced Taylor divorced!" Janet yelled at him.

Taylor was having an headache, all this presence being pinned down on him he can take this from Ray but his mother as well. He was fighting tears in his eyes.

"Mom just give him a chance"

"We've given him plenty! Even his husband got tired of his messed up life Taylor! You have a life parker" Janet scolds him.

"Is that why you have been lazing around?, Because you want to be like parker?. You want a life without committment?!" Ray asked angrily.

"No that's not it!, all I need is a little help"

"With what?!, Tell me Taylor your mother done your aunt done your cousin's done it why can't you?!. Your their everyday I paid the bills I come home from work and have to wait on dinner, you talk about being tired when nothing is done. You don't even take care of yourself I mean look at you Taylor you make it seems as though you're being abused!?." Ray said.

Parker didn't like eavesdropping but he couldn't leave this conversation alone.

Taylor hands trembled as he tries to get the words out.

"I'm sorry" he said

"I'm done with you apologizes" Ray said those last words walking out on them.

Parker hide so he won't catch him eavesdropping.

"See what you've done now?!, you can't get a divorce understand I won't let you"

She too walked out on him. Taylor looked over the railing as if his ready to take his own life, his life was really falling apart no one listened nor do they understand. Taylor could only take a few breathers before coming his hand through his hair.

He was ready to leave when he saw parker came out infront of him. He was surprised at first but then he understood by parker's expression that he heard everything.

"I know I know I'm a disaster and a hypocrite" Taylor said.

"If you're doing best and his complaining then why not give him reasons to complain" parker said calmly,

"W-what?!"

"I bet he thinks it's easy, taking of one kid is hard enough but 3?" Parker said

"I only have 2-"

"3! that is not a man it's a child, you cook for him, you clean for him. You provide his wants and needs that is not man that is child only children are allowed to be ungrateful grown men aren't" parker said stepping forward. "I child knows nothing a grown man knows how to understand and appreciates what the person does for him and he will treasure it, he doesn't appreciate you and he won't until you show him what it truly means to do nothing" parker stops. "So Taylor take a break and do nothing".

Parker walked back inside leaving Taylor on the balcony. Taylor felt sniffed he felt as though that was what he needed to hear the most, for someone to acknowledge that he was doing his best and that was parker of all people. Taylor didn't care if it was parker he grateful he wiped the tears away then entered back into the room pretending as if nothing happened.

Though everyone was skeptical at first they eventually took a bite of the cake and baked food that parker carried and was blown away by the taste. Many wanted to go up and talked but the husband's and elders glared at them causing them to keep their distance and accepting that they couldn't talk to parker. 

Evening came down and it was time to return he was glad that chelsie wasn't treated badly unlike him who was isolated for most part, he did wonder back if his advice helped Taylor maybe later on he'll find out. He seems to have made a friend though so it wasn't all bad and his relationship with his elder brother was good can't say his father liked him much.