chapter 4

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

"Chelsie." Drake said gently.

"Daddy!" Chelsie cheered, smiling a Drake

Drake was a little taken aback by the fact that Parker was holding Chelsie; it wasn't something he'd never do.

Parker placed her on her little feet, and she ran to her dad. He gently kissed her forehead tenderly. Then his eyes trailed back up.

"I have the divorce papers ready, and if the reason why you were afraid of the divorce is money, you don't have to worry. I give you 70 million dollars for you to disappear from Chelsie's life." Drake said coldly.

Again Parker wanted to kill the Original.

"Um... can we not talk about this while she's here." Parker's voice was submissive and timid.

This action took Drake off guard. Parker was always yelling and never listened or cared for anyone. He didn't care about arguing in front of Chelsie before; what was he planning?

"Chelsie, why don't you play with your toys? I'm sure bun bun misses you."

"Okay!" She kissed him on the cheek then jumped down from his lap.

"Mommy, let's go meet bun-bun!" she smiled.

Parker's heart was stolen. Such a sweet and angelic smile!

 She looked at Drake, then back at Parker.

"Um... mommy and daddy are going to talk now. I'll meet bun bun later, angel." Parker said nicely.

Chelsie frowned, then smiled brightly.

"You promise, right?"

"Yes, mommy will, in fact, meet bun-bun." Parker promised.

She smiled then hopped her way out of the room.

Drake was observing them just now. Since when did Parker know how to talk sweet and decently?

"Um... Drake."

"So now you know my name? You've got a lot of nerve kidding my daughter!" Drake angrily said.

Drake stood up and slowly walked towards Parker. Parker, on instinct, started to back off.

"Well ... technically, it's not .... kidnapping... She's my daughter too." He said, cowering.

"Oh, now you know you have a daughter, weren't you the one who said 'she shouldn't have been born nothing's wrong if she dies today'.'" Drake repeated.

'How can someone say that about their own kid! I'm with you on this, but you can't hit me now; it's not the original!'

Parker's back hit the walls then Drake blocked both sides of him.

"I want you to stay out of Chelsie life. Take the money and just disappear off the face of the earth. I don't want to see or hear from you." Drake told him.

"Um..... I don't want to." Parker looked at him.

Drake glared at him.

"What do you want so you can leave?" Drake said

"Um... funny thing is... I want to stay." Parker said timidly.

"No, you already made it clear what type of life you want, Parker. Chelsie needs a good mother."

"I can be that." He said enthusiastically.

"I will be that!"

"Hmph! You want to be a good mother?" He asked, mocking him.

 "Just say what you want!"

"No, I don't want anything. I want to be a good wife and mother... for Chelsie and... you." Parker said awkwardly.

Drake looked at him with sharp eyes. He honestly would like that if Parker meant it. Parker clearly wasn't going to settle down, and Chelsie deserves better.

"Tell me what you want?" He asked annoyed

"Ah, give me a chance! a month to make ... become a good mother and wife." He said.

"Why? I gave you years." He lectures.

"I know I'm not the best person, and I've done horrible things. But please, Drake! Just a month, if not, I'll divorce and not take a single penny." Parker said determinedly.