chapter 68

It was a casual day off for Drake, spending time with his family was all he wanted to do and all he enjoyed doing. Seeing his little girl and wife behaving so in sync and sweet it made him feel that his hard work is paying off.

But today was not so much, yesterday he was informed that his younger brother Sean was arriving here with his son. He informed Parker they will be staying for a few days but he can't help but worry. 

Drake doesn't know much about Sean, he is a highschool dropout because he was not only failing classes and got pregnant in senior years and the father fled the scene.

Though Drake wasn't close to any of his birth parents he didn't hold it against Sean because truly Sean was very young when he left, Parker was probably three or four years older than him and Parker was almost 28. 

Drake was confused on whether to be optimistic or pessimistic as he knows his parents and he's not sure if Sean is like that or not, right now they were in the living room. Parker and chelsie were watching a movie together and laughing.

William opened the door when the bell rang, "welcome master……. Sean". He looked down at the little boy by his side and smile "and you as well young master Florian" 

Sean tilts his head, "aren't you a little young to be a servant? You aren't stealing anything right?" 

William's impression already been made but he remained calm, "this way the master and Mr parker is in the living room" 

"Don't forget our bags, butler boy" he said 

'You do realize you're way younger than I am?' But instead of saying that he said "I'll get on with it" 

Sean walked in with William guiding, Sean looked at them who was sitting happily in the large sofa. Parker was laying in Drake's lap while chelsie played with toys on the floor. Sean walked in smiling.

"Drake" he said smiling 

Drake turned his head, he looked at his brother who didn't look like a parent but who is he to judge. There was parsing makeup and a butterfly tattoo on his neck, he looked down at the boy who was at a small distance from his mother.

"Sean, welcome. And you must be Florian" 

Florian nods, then tries to itch closer to Sean but he backs up a bit. Already Parker could tell the relationship between them wasn't the best. 

Parker eased up a bit and Drake looked at him "you don't have to" he said looking at him 

"It's okay, Hello Sean I'm parker your brother's wife" 

"I know, why else would you be lying in his lap, unless your a mistress" he said bluntly 

Parker forced a smile then Drake cut in.

"Sean, do not talk to my wife like that" he said, "if you're staying here for some time you must respect him, understand?" 

"Yes" he answered cooperating 

"William go and take them to the guest room please" 

"Yes master" 

Sean then turned around leaving, Drake sighed then chelsie held Drake's leg while folding her arms.

"Is uncle a bad person daddy?" 

"No angel, it's complicated uncle is just in a tough situation" 

"Okay" she smiled.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was even and James and Ling were around a table drinking and discussing book topics, the two learned that they really do enjoy a lot of literature.

"And "Isaiah Was Here by Tatia Lecky" was an interesting mystery read for me" 

"Yes, the book kept me on my toes as it really visualized well like you're really there. And the process of finding my loved one. It's an interesting mystery thriller that gives me the chills" he smiled as he took a drink of the mocha latte.

Ling smiled laughing, yes it was an interestingly scary book. 

"Well, I want to write like that someday," Ling said. "But first I'll take my time, slowly I won't rush," he said to himself.

"I mean not to pry but you seem to constantly repeat that to yourself,has someone rushed you before?" James said 

Ling looked at him, he did it as a habit nowadays. He is so comfortable and antsy some of the time that he repeats it.

"Sort of, it's just that I'm enjoying myself so much now that I feel that I'll wake up" 

"Now that would be disappointing, I wouldn't want to lose a good friend," he smiled.

"Hehe, me too" 

James looked at the time and saw it was getting very late, he should go home to Clarice but he did wish to speak longer. But the duty of a husband is to be home on time, to help his loving pregnant wife.

Ironically, those words that once filled his heart feel empty now. All he wishes to do is enjoy his days sitting in the cafe drinking coffee then discussing book topics with his friend Ling.