chapter 89

Clarice was sitting in the hospital looking blankly at the papers in her hands, Clarice's eyes were dead. Slowly parted her lips.

"Where's the pen?" She asked 

Claude grits his teeth, "that's all you can say?! You couldn't even keep your fucking legs close! You shamed our family!" Claude's penetrating tone echoed through the room.

Clarice didn't even so much as flinch, "are you done" her asked in a flat tone 

Claude slapped her across the face so hard all 5 fingers were printed on her face and her lips cut on his impact, she still didn't react. Even if this was the first time he hit her, the first time that his anger was directed at her. This is the first time she was seen as the disgrace of the family. What matters? This is truly a question that needs to be answered.

Lived in the delusion she was raised in a welcoming family, she fell in love with a man who wasn't up to the family status, he wasn't handsome, wasn't rich, he was your average person. He made her world light up, family didn't judge him and gave her unknown encouragement that it's okay to love an ordinary man. Love and hopes at its peak, a perfect fairytale. But like winter the snow must end.

An engagement? She didn't ask for it. She already had a lover. Why did she need to be engaged? Family tradition and costumes: you are a member of the Brown family after all. Be the perfect daughter/wife/fiance like a pet do as you're told. 

Her fiance is a naive man with an innocent gaze, looking for love in a business marriage? Even so it's better than being in a marriage that's hateful and miserable. Break up with her lover, pain, agony and heartbreak. 

You're a Brown Clarice can't marry those beneath you, not allowed to love beneath you. My fiance was kind, caring, considerate but can't replace him but most think of the family. Fell in love, the hurt stopped a little, the marriage was happy and also unhappy. Saw her lover again with another woman. Felt jealous and wanted to be her so badly.

Found herself looking out for him couldn't, go never could. She wanted to stay so badly, and some how before she knew it was him at her.

Had a lovely husband no faults lies with him. But she just couldn't let go in those times, she was happy she didn't have to be her family disappointment won't be isolated while still being very much happy, got pregnant never cared who the father was never needed to. 

But as time goes on people want change, he didn't wanted to be in the shadows anymore let their love shine, no, no! She was scared let's go off an opportunity of towards her true happiness. But what does it matters right lover ran off with money.

He was sick, he died. Grief and regret was what she left but no worries right? She had a son and husband. And then that too was gone. Happiness completely gone what remains the Browns.

Isn't all that matters? The browns, the family, the image. Not her, never her, never will be her. 

So much regret so much pain so much suffering. Her life could have been gone, her child life was gone did he not matter? In the end family? If someone asked was this worth all? Her answer would be no.

She should have never let go, should never broke up should have never chose James. Both of them she knew would be happy if they were never married. Even if she can't change the past let's correct the future and let others be happy.

Because in the end the browns where never worth it. They never will be worth it in the end.

"We are going to court as soon as you are discharged from the hospital, if only  you fuck around. This would have never happened!" Claude yelled brutally, "do you not feel an ounce of regret?! Luckily the current dead baby was his but the first child?! Can't you keep your child alive?! At least!" 

Of course this baby was James, she only ever love one other man except from him. And he was gone, she didn't cheat because she wanted to she cheated because she couldn't let go. Couldn't move on no one understood, how hard it is to let go.

"If your done yelling please leave, I'm feeling tired" 

She lied down took the sheet and cover her head, when they left not a second later she continued to shed hear unheard tears.

A/n

Who else nose and and eyes Walters when sick not to mention ears hurt. Can't sleep might as well write something even that was proven difficult. I feel sluggish.

Have any tips pills just ain't doing the job and once night comes I'm gonna have a high fever.