chapter 50

Clarice and James just entered, James just entered the key into the car about to start it Clarice looked at him.

"Where were you last night?" She asked sadly

"I was out" he answered coldly

She didn't bother to asked were exactly he was out.

"James are you going to be like this when the baby is born?" She asked with voice muddled

"I don't know, I guess we won't know until your baby is born" James said indifferently.

"James we're having a baby" clarice said firmly

"What you want me to say?, yay! Wow we're gonna have a baby I'm so fucking excited" he said sarcastically, "I'm already acting enough around your family I don't need to do it at home as well" he said.

Soon tears began to fall down Clarice cheeks, she started to wipe it with her sleeves.

"Your not being fair"

"Well, neither were you. But the world is like that I guess" he said coldly

They didn't say anything more and just started the car and drove to the family get together every Christmas the family holds a a get together and celebrate their time, Clarice placed her Christmas and fruit cake on the table.

"As always your cakes are lovely dear"

Angela kissed her cheeks and Clarice smiled, Sharon having a discussion to the husbands and the elderly of the family.

Louis was playing with his baby, Taylor was beside him admiring him with his daughter.

"Oh my his so precious"

"And I can see your little too is so cute"

Railey laughed showing her two lower baby teeth, she was cute and sweet.

"I can see your in high spirits"

"Yeah I'm good" Taylor smiled

Ray was sitting in a corner his tongue hurts, though Taylor apologized which was not needed since it wasn't his fault in the first place, he thinks maybe it's best to stick with matters like that when they're alone it feels like his tongue was almost severed good luck to eating.

Morris Taylor's oldest brother, came towards him. Taylor was the middle child of 7 siblings 3 other siblings and 3 younger he was exactly in the middle, Janet loved children so she had a lot. In the browns elderly their where 8. 5 men, 2 gers and 1 female, so the brown's family was large and the company was large and expanding with each generation.

For this family if you don't have background atlease be outstanding if not don't think of marrying, Ray didn't have a good background but he was outstanding. James on the other had both background and was outstanding. Morris was good in his work, but he wasn't the best husband or adviser.

"I see your relaxing"

"Yeah" he said lazily

He honestly don't feel like talking his tongue hurts and his mouth tastes like his been licking cold iron, Morris sit beside him.

"So your daughter seems to be old enough are you planning to go again?" He asked

"No, I don't think so" Ray said slowly

"Why?, you know he wants a lot of kids and so does Janet" Morris smiled

"But I don't, I was raised in a full house I'm okay with us now" Ray said closing his eyes

In truth that's not it, he is afraid the last pregnancy had some complications that was detrimental to Taylor's life. The doctor said the next if he got pregnant he may not survive, so they agreed upon not having anymore kids and did a tubal ligation in other words Taylor can not get pregnant again. This devastated Taylor but he accepted it eventually, but knowing these people they would freak if they found out.

This was a hidden secret within the couple, Ray can't take a chance of losing Taylor.

Clarice then tapped her wine glass to draw everyone's attention, James smiled happily holding Clarice hips and both seemed like the genuine perfect couple.

"We have an announcement to make" Clarice said excitingly "we are-"

"We're having a baby!" Both said happily

The whole room clapped and congratulated them Ray went back to minding his own business like he always do everytime at this hypothetical thing they called get together.