chapter 8

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Parker got up early in the morning before Drake. He brushed his teeth and went down to the kitchen.

He took out a pan and saw a pancake mix.

"Hmph, since when have I ever taken so many shortcuts?"

He took out the ingredients and made the pancake mixture. He turned on the stove and started to make pancakes.

He started to make coffee for Drake.

"Hmm... right! Work food."

In his past life, even though he had worked most of the time, he still managed to make breakfast and lunch to carry to work, so he didn't forget to eat.

Parker took out some ingredients to make lunch for drake, William was surprised again to see Parker in the early morning making breakfast, and it smelled delicious too.

"Hmm, should I put more omelettes? They said a man's stomach was hug- eh? Aren't I a man?"

Parker shakes his head as he finishes.

"Good morning, master." William said.

"Good morning, William." Parker smiled.

Parker turned around, smiling at William.

'The young master seems a lot different from before.'

Drake got up and saw that Parker was missing. It was a rare occurrence. But, when did it happen? He would already be halfway across the country in God knows where.

Drake didn't even bother to try and think where Parker went. He was too tired, and Parker had stressed him out enough the past seven years.

He went to the bathroom then washed his face. He looked in the mirror, not saying anything. He should have guessed that what parker was saying about being a good mother was a bunch of bullshit.

He left the bathroom then went to Chelsie room to see that she was still sleeping.

"Angel, time to wake up." He whispered.

Chelsie muttered a bit but finally squeezed her sleepy eyes open.

"Good morning, daddy." She said, half-asleep.

"Good morning, angel cakes."

"Where's mommy?" She asked in a milky tone.

Drake didn't answer and just picked her up gently as she rubbed her eyes.

"Let's go eat breakfast, shall we?"

"I want mommy to cook. His food is more delicious." She said in her cute milky tone.

Drake sighed and walked out of the room. While heading towards the door stair, a delicious smell immediately caught his nose.

Not that William's cooking didn't smell delicious, but this was different.

When Drake entered the kitchen, he was speechless. If someone else had told them of what he saw, he would not accept but witnessing it himself; he had to believe.

Parker turned around, a bit surprised when he saw the father and daughter pair behind him. In his hands was a breakfast tray, he was planning on serving breakfast, but it seems his timing was a little slow.

Parker only chuckled awkwardly before saying.

"Good morning."

Drake looked at Parker from head to toe. He was in bedroom slippers, and over his pyjama was a long baby blue apron with a teddy bear. This was a picture that Drake had longed to see, and now that he has seen it, he can't help but capture the image in his mind.

"Good morning." Drake said softly.

"Good morning, mommy." Chelsie cheered happily.

Drake went to the dining side of the kitchen and placed Chelsie on the high seat; while Parker placed their food on the table.

"Thank you." Drake said as he received the coffee.

Parker smiled.

"Mommy's pancakes are pretty! Very pretty!"

"Thank you, angel. Anything for you."

Chelsie then took a sip out of the sippy cup and sparkled.

"Chocolate!? Mommy is the best!"

'CUTE!!♡'

Parker could die happily seeing how angelic his daughter looked.

Drake smiled as he saw Parker's flustered expression towards his daughter. He took a sip of the coffee, and it tasted just right.

He smiled, closed his eyes, and said.

"You're already doing such a great job, and it's your first day."

Parker's heart skipped a beat. He had thought Drake wouldn't tell him how he was doing and keep him in the dark and being the cold CEO type.

But again, he was reminded that Drake wasn't a negative person. He won't be stingy with praises. Again he couldn't help but curse the original,

'You get a good man, and you mistreat him?! Ba!?'