chapter 74

James looked at her confused and wondered what she was talking about, "I don't know what you see or think is going on but I am not you!" 

She bit her bottom lip, "it was a mistake! You have no idea what it's like to have to let go of your first love!" She yelled at him 

"Well you have no idea what it's like to love and be betrayed in the worst way possible! Couldn't you at least tell me?! Couldn't you at least let me know what I was getting myself into?!" James couldn't 

"You don't understand, it was hard to let go, my heart was torn in two. I loved both of you. I was confused James, can't you understand! It's hard letting go" she softens as she holds his sleeve.

"While you were busy being confused, I was busy falling in love with you. Loving a child that was not mine I raised him as my own loved him as my own he died Claire he fucking died because of your confusion. Now you're spilling shit about your splitting in two, well you broke mine into a million pieces. And here I am working so hard to put them together and you're still confused". He said menacingly 

He took her hand gently off him.

"You said you'd let it go, but you keep preaching on and on. Can't you see I'm pregnant I can't take the stress my; health is at stake here! Can't you stop punishing me? I made a mistake! I'm sorry, please forgive me. How do I make amends? Should I go on my knees? Should i kill myself?!" She marched up to him and he backed up. "I get it, that's what you're doing right? Punishing me because I made a mistake. But guess what James I'm only fucking! I make mistakes. I'm a flawed, inconsistent , broken human being just like everyone else! I have feelings I do feel guilty so please GET THE FUCK OUT!!!"

She started to push him out and to not hurt her he didn't put up a fight and left, he didn't have his wallet but had his phone.

He proceeded to dial Ling's number; he didn't really have any money to afford a hotel.

.
.
.
.
.

Parker slowly opened his eyes, he looked around it was all darkness he could feel Drake's arm around his waist. He remembers falling asleep in his embrace while getting fed with some shrimp scampi. Drake was a really good cook. Why didn't he do it more often? He slowly and carefully turned with his large belly.

He huffed tirely after the fruitful struggle, he went up closer to look at Drake's sleeping face, very handsome. He is happy this man is his good husband, rich, caring father and committed man who loves him….. him. Parker's thought lingered on it for a while but then he gently poked Drake.

Drake, who felt him poking him, opened his eyes tirely then looked down at Parker then kissed his forehead.

"Do you need something?" Drake asked softly

"No, I just want to say you look very handsome when you sleep" 

"Hmm?" Drake looked looked at him 

He pitched closer, hugging him gently. 

"Really now" 

"Hmm, yes yes. Your very handsome" Parker said smiling 

Drake looked at him closer, "your handsome/ beautiful too" 

"Even like this?" Parker asked 

"Especially like this," Drake said with no hesitation.

"But you know, my body won't return to what it was right" 

"That's okay, if your healthy and pure baby is born. I don't mind" Drake answered 

Parker felt touched, he hugged Drake even deeper Drake smiled and put his chin on Parker's forehead. 

"Hey Drake" 

"Yes" 

"Can I get ice-cream, I feel for ice-cream" 

"Okay, I'll go get ice-cream" 

"Cake too, maybe some chips, can we watch a movie? I want to watch a movie" 

Drake kissed his forehead.

 .
.
.
.
.
.

James was at Ling's apartment for some reason he felt nervous being here, James put his shoes one side looking around.

"Excuse the mess" Ling said a bit embarrassed 

When James called earlier he was very nervous, Ling can cook but cleaning he can not do so the apartment was in a bit of a mess.

"It's okay, Haha. How can I complain?" 

James smiled, Ling swiped his hair behind his ear a bit flushed. "I'll try to clean now" 

He was technically preparing for Parker's baby reveal and their birthday tomorrow. The two of them had the same birthdays as well; it almost feels like their twins.

"Um… Am I making you uncomfortable?" 

"No, I'm just thinking of a friend" 

 "A friend?" He raised a brow 

"Yeah we became close this year, but I'm nervous about the meeting" 

James looked at Ling who was fidgety and stiff. It looks cute how nervous and flustered he is, then became flustered himself then he remembered what Clarice said.

"Friends don't look at friends that way"