Chapter 50.

..Epilogue..

That was the day life changed for Caspian Carter, Yarah Meyers, Beth Parker-Greene, Zandile Parker-Greene, Duncan Parker-Greene, Nkosinathi Kunene and everyone who knew Storm Carter.

Life was never the same for anyone!

And even though it's been 10 years since the horrible 'accidental' fire that started at Wayville High School; the damage is irreparable.

Nkosinathi had returned to the UK, but, he couldn't handle his grief and feelings of guilt; leading to him commiting suicide..

Duncan had asked for a divorce due to Zandile's lengthened mourning and Beth's unexplainable irrational behavior. He moved to North Dakota and had gotten remarried, whilst, Beth and Zandile stayed in Wayville; however, Zandile had gotten enslaved to a cocaine addiction.

Caspian, Beth and Alicia had worked hard to get Zandile into a good rehab; whilst, Caspian and Alicia had given birth to a beautiful son named Reign. Though Caspian struggled with the adjustment; he eventually overcame his grief and learnt to love Reign almost as much as Storm.

Yarah's life had changed too.

She has devoted herself to solving the crime.

She didn't believe the report given by the police since Tommy's father was the lead investigator on the case; and she knew that Tommy was capable of anything.

So, she joined the police academy right out of high school, dedicated herself and worked hard as she pushed herself to become a high ranking police investigator.

She was unmarried, hard-working and dedicated to her end goal; solving Storm's murder. Yet; she always visited the graveside on Sunday afternoons.

She was about to achieve her goal and stood in front of Storm's gravestone...

The breeze was cool.

The wind blew past Yarah as she stared down at the dark marble gravestone.

"I'm glad to see that you still respect her.." A deep masculine voice spoke from behind Yarah.

Yarah had matured quite beautifully, plus; she and Zoé had started looking rather similar to a younger version of their mother. Her facial features became more defined, her eyebrows were always neatly trimmed, her body had grown only by an exact foot and was fairly athletic, yet, almost supermodel type. She still had her beautiful cognac brown eyes, triangular smile and her shoulder reaching hair was jet black.

The young woman turned to face the familiar guy that stood a few feet away from her with a bouquet of white Iris's.

Bentley had changed and matured quite a bit too. He married Kimbella right out of high school since he had gotten her pregnant with their beautiful twin baby girl's, his mother had gotten married too and then he started working for his new stepfather's car rental company. He had aged quite dashingly; though, he remained young.

Yarah smiled gratefully as she stepped aside.

Bentley stepped next to the gravestone, got into a deep squat, leaned slightly down and placed the flowers on the marble slab in front of the marble stone.

The bold yet engraved italic words that were written across the front of the gravestone read;

Here Lies Storm Adaye Carter:

Lover Of The Arts, Music, Sports And A Great Social Influence.

Died On The Day She Was Welcomed To The World: The 16th Of April.

A Gift To The World That Was Taken Too Soon From Her Loved Ones.

Bentley sighed softly as he mumbled a soft prayer.

The young man rose to his feet once he whispered "Amen.." Then he looked at Yarah with a small appreciative smile on his face as he scratched the back of his head. Bentley bit his bottom lip before he said softly "I'm sorry to bring this up.. But; how long do you think it'll be until you- you find out what happened to he- her?"

Just then; the walkie-talkie attached to the belt on Yarah's hip signalled a direct transmission to her by emitting a loud fuzzy noise.

With her finger up to interrupt her conversation, Yarah removed the walkie-talkie and held it up to her ear as she pressed the black button that allowed her to listen. The female dispatcher said "Detective Meyers, target is enroute to his home; leaving a 15 minute opening for preparation."

Bentley looked at Yarah with his brows furrowed immensely so she explained as she waved around her hand holding the walkie-talkie "I cracked a major case and I really have to get going if I want this to be a success. All I can say is; please excuse me and watch the news tonight."

The young woman didn't give Bentley a chance to question her further as she walked past him and speak into her walkie-talkie whilst walking towards her black Range Rover Sport that stood a few feet away from Storm's grave "Copy that, Dispatch. Enroute to location. Approximately, 6 minutes from target."

Yarah climbed into her car, placed her walkie-talkie on the dashboard, took out her car keys, pushed it into the ignition and carefully drove out of the graveyard; straight towards the house that she's been staking out for the past year and a half.

The house was a one-floored modern home with nothing but the latest technology since it belonged to Thomas Glaser. The once loved and respected athlete that turned into an obnoxious jerk that worked under his father. He was once a suspect in the original investigation; but, got acquitted for lack of evidence.

Thomas had continued with his life thereafter, as if unaffected by everything. He had married Tasha, they had a two year old son and seemed to live a happy life as an ideal couple. He, however, did not show how guilty he felt; and, as such, became a slave to alcohol and insomnia.

But; Yarah was going to put an end to it.

She was going to bring him to justice.

After years of digging, questioning and investigating; Yarah discovered the truth and had gotten her opportunity.

Jared, Frankie, Tommy and the other two perpetrators, Jared's younger brothers; Lucian and Joel, were going to meet up.

They were going to meet up at Tommy's house and they were going to get caught.

It was all planned.

Yarah pulled up to the house just across the road from her target and parked her car.

She glanced over at the white home and clenched her fists in frustration.