Chapter 16.

The rest of the day was filled with Storm, her father and his friends prepping the house for the evenings dinner.

However, Storm was still very curious about this Alicia woman; so she decided to ask a few questions once everyone had settled down in the living room.

Placing down her glass of Coke on the table, Storm started to say with a smile "So..."

The four adults all turned their attention to the teenager as she continued "How is Alicia? Does she have a job? Does she have children? Where she from? What are her goals for the future?" Zandile chuckled as she rose to her feet and picked up the empty glasses from the coffee table before she walked over to the kitchen.

Duncan turned to Caspian and added "Yes. Who is your fiance?" Caspian opened his mouth to speak but Beth quickly interjected by saying "Come on, guys. If Caspian likes her then she should be very likeable, right?" No one spoke or replied. Storm kept her eyes that was visibly filled with suspicion on her father as Zandile returned to sit next to him.

"Okay. So; Alicia is 32, was married once and from that marriage she got an 8 year old son. She works as an orthodontist in town, lives alone, is family oriented and enjoys playing monopoly." Caspian explained in one breath and this made the room go back to the previous and somewhat awkward silence.

Beth cleared her throat and spoke up "She sounds nice. Right, love?" Duncan nodded in agreement then he said "Definitely sounds like someone Caspian would date. I mean, they both enjoy monopoly!" The adults shared a brief laugh but Storm remained stoic.

Suddenly, Storm's phone rang.

Quickly, Storm reached down and picked up her phone then she answered "Ello?"

"So, about tonight.. Are we going somewhere like a restaurant or should I dress more casual?" Tasha inquired and then realization dawned Storm as her eyes widened in panic. Beth and Caspian immediately furrowed their brows as they watched Storm reply with a chuckle "Honestly, babe, you'd look amazing in anything!"

"Aww, thanks! But that still doesn't answer my question." Tasha replied as Storm scratched the back of her neck then she quickly said "Uhm- you know what? Go more casual. That doesn't ruin my surprise, so yeah. Casual."

Tasha agreed and hung up so Storm made a finger gun and aimed it at her head.

Zandile asked with pure curiosity "What's wrong?" Storm sighed loudly in exhaustion as she threw herself back into the armchair and groaned "I'm simply the most foolish human being to ever exist..."

Beth scoffed and said, gesturing at her husband "You can tell us.. Surely you can't beat Duncan."

Storm scoffed then she explained "I told Tasha that I'd take her out tonight but I totally forgot and now I have to make a plan in..." She looked down at her watch and concluded "Thirty minutes."

Duncan chuckled as he stood up then he said as he walked around the couch "This foolish human, has a solution for you since my dear wife seems to think that I'm merely dead weight." He picked up his suitcase and placed it on the head of the couch.

Everyone watched Duncan as he looked through his suitcase then he said with a smile as he took out two tickets "Consider it an early birthday present from your favourite uncle.." He walked around the couch and handed the tickets over to Storm.

"Damn! I thought these tickets were sold out!" Storm said as she scanned the gift with her eyes and a smile. "They are. But, I managed to get those tickets for my wives and they seem to think that I'm boring and unpredictable." Duncan explained as he sat down on the arm of the couch.

Caspian asked with his brows furrowed in curiosity "Tickets to what?" Duncan had a wide mischievous smile on his face as he looked at his wives then Zandile seemed to realize what he spoke of so she asked "Are you serious?"

"Yep." Duncan replied with a nod as Storm stood up then she gave him a brief hug of gratitude. Caspian looked at Beth as she said to her husband "You wouldn't dare.."

"It was meant to be a surprise. But I'm boring and unimaginative." Duncan said with a shrug then he said to Storm "You'd better go change up before your big date tonight."

The teenager nodded as she rushed upstairs so Duncan said to the visibly confused Caspian "I got my wives tickets to the drive-in movie showcasing of Vita and Virginia on Lookout mountain for tonight. As a surprise but I think Storm's more deserving, don't you think?"

Zandile nodded as she took her husband's hand and pecked the back of it then she said "I agree. I'm sure Beth wouldn't have made it halfway through the movie without getting annoyed by our sexual chemistry." Duncan nodded and the couple turned their attention to their wife.

Beth crossed her arms defensively in front of her chest then she said "You guys better be grateful that I love Storm and I don't want her breaking up with Tasha. Okay?" Caspian chuckled as he stood up then he said with a small smile "Well, thank you, Duncan. You saved Alicia from the worst cross-examination she would ever experience."

Caspian walked over to the kitchen with his empty cup and placed it in the sink then he looked at his friends and said "Guess it's just going to be me and my fiance tonight."

"Nope. We're staying for dinner." Beth said with conviction as she stood up then she said, pointing her partner's "These two gave away my tickets for a great movie night so now we're stuck here with you. And I didn't cook that much food just for you two, okay?"

Caspian scoffed then he said as he bent down and took out a set of plates "I guess I can't argue with that." Beth nodded and walked over to join her best friend in the kitchen.